Cl9 Flashpro Accelerator issue

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2007-2008 US TSX
eur011

Cl9 Flashpro Accelerator issue

Post by eur011 »

Hey guys, I've got the Cl9 (aus delivered) euro.

Its running the tsx ecu and tuned using flashpro. with the following bolt ons

RBC intake
J35 TB
PLM 4-2-1's 2.5" cat back
Injen CAI.
50 degree cam gear.
exedy chromoly flywheel
exedy stage 2 ceramic 3 puk clutch

My issue started as soon as i put the tsx ecu in. Prior to that i had j35, rbc, plms, cat back, cai already in.

Basically the car drives as normal on low revs, but when taking off 1st and pulling it past 6k rpm and clutch in, the accelerator doesnt respond as normal, it seems lagged. (this all whilst clutched in or even neutral). push the accelerator to half way and nothing happens, push it all the way down and it takes maybe 2 seconds to finally rev up. Once the clutch is back in, it responds again.

so as an outcome when shifting from 1st to 2nd it bogs.

My tuner and i have replaced the j35, and i've also changed the app sensor and the target throttle plate is basically a 1:1 ratio. we've also bumped the lower end rpm ratios up 8%.

So what could the problem be??????? its driving me insane and makes the car unpleasant to drive. Any help or input would be appreciated

cheers Jim
Zoro2006

Re: Cl9 Flashpro Accelerator issue

Post by Zoro2006 »

it normal behaviour in Accord CL9 with TSX ECU. Question for TSX users if they have same issues ?
Known as Vaikis_
AWOC

Post by AWOC »

Did you try making the throttle settings as close to the k20 as possible? My stock TSX and Reflashed ecu both were lagging a bit.
angelf1974

Post by angelf1974 »

I got the same problem. My car is an Accord Euro CL9 with Fujita CAI, Comptech headers, exhaust, no catalytic converter and hondata manifold gasket.
Honda Accord CL9 (Spain)
mabo

Post by mabo »

Your cars arent covered by Hondata support. This product is for TSX only and they support it only for TSX. I know, its same car, blah blah , but as you can see EUDM CL9 with MT have few issues, so its not completely the same. Dont expect any support for EU or AU cars here.
angelf1974

Post by angelf1974 »

mabo wrote:Your cars arent covered by Hondata support. This product is for TSX only and they support it only for TSX. I know, its same car, blah blah , but as you can see EUDM CL9 with MT have few issues, so its not completely the same. Dont expect any support for EU or AU cars here.
I know, and I don´t expect any support from Hondata. I just hope help from other users.

Only one question, is it necessary to select "use MAP to determinate WOT" in closed loop menu?
Honda Accord CL9 (Spain)
dinoc

Post by dinoc »

Does this issue happen for all Euro CL9 with all TSX calibrations ?
Euro Honda Accord CL9
angelf1974

Post by angelf1974 »

When I release the throttle, wait a while and then give throttle again, the TPlate increases slowly. (You can see that in the first and medium parts of the superior graph).

If I release the throttle and quickly give throttle again the TPlate increases fast. (You can see in the last part of superior graph)

Why is this? Any idea?
Honda Accord CL9 (Spain)
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

If all vehicles do this, it could be 1st gear throttle dampening. I'm not exactly sure why Honda does this, but it seems to limit the opening rate under certain conditions (speed, start throttle position, throttle opening speed). It also could be from the throttle body swap.
Hondata
dinoc

Post by dinoc »

The 1st gear for euro cl9 is shorter than the one in TX, though not sure if it's related to the issue.
Euro Honda Accord CL9
Zoro2006

Post by Zoro2006 »

dinoc wrote:The 1st gear for euro cl9 is shorter than the one in TX, though not sure if it's related to the issue.
I bet it will be Honda throttle dampening :( And having shorter 1st gear it feels even worse.
Known as Vaikis_
angelf1974

Post by angelf1974 »

Hondata wrote:If all vehicles do this, it could be 1st gear throttle dampening. I'm not exactly sure why Honda does this, but it seems to limit the opening rate under certain conditions (speed, start throttle position, throttle opening speed). It also could be from the throttle body swap.
Thank you very much for commenting on this post.

My car has the original throttle body. And this happens in all gears, all rpms and speeds. Normally malfunctions and, occasionally works fine. Take a look at the datalog and the calibration.
Attachments
Angel (07-01-13).fpcal
(16.38 KiB) Downloaded 379 times
Datalog (cortado).fpdl
(231.39 KiB) Downloaded 352 times
Honda Accord CL9 (Spain)
djsmiles

Throttle lag on TSX / Accord Euro

Post by djsmiles »

Hi there, Is there any plans to fix the throttle lag on the TSX FPM?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

I've added the 1st gear throttle dampening to the 07-08 TSX MT. Note that the AT nor 09-10 do not have this dampening.
Hondata
angelf1974

Post by angelf1974 »

Hondata wrote:I've added the 1st gear throttle dampening to the 07-08 TSX MT. Note that the AT nor 09-10 do not have this dampening.
I can´t find that. My FlashPro Manager version is 1.4.3.0
Honda Accord CL9 (Spain)