DTC P1659 TSX 12, ETCS control relay malfunction.

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2007-2008 US TSX
R2Racing

DTC P1659 TSX 12, ETCS control relay malfunction.

Post by R2Racing »

Hi Everybody

We have already second car with such issue. Both are CU2 2012 TSX Ecu and FlashPro, hybrids on CL9 head. Everything is doing well, exept that DTC P1659, only during a start, mostly when cold. ETCS control relay malfunction.

List what we replaced
- Throttle body
- ETCS control relay
- ECU , even tried stock one w/o FP

Any ideas, guys?

Dmitry
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: DTC P1659 TSX 12, ETCS control relay malfunction.

Post by Spunkster »

Have you followed the troubleshooting steps in the factory service manual for that error code?
R2Racing

Post by R2Racing »

Spunkster wrote:Have you followed the troubleshooting steps in the factory service manual for that error code?
sure, electrician checked all routines couple times.
I decided to ask your advise just after another one case. The common thing is both are CU2 and run FlashPro. And we did not see such DTC on earlier made hybrids. Just guessed might be some changes was made in software ?

Thanks
Dmitry
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

There is nothing that has been done that should cause this.
R2Racing

Post by R2Racing »

we are still fighting with issue described above. Most probably, a reason is in immobilizer system. When first start, HDS shows status of immo - RUN, during cranking it's changing to BAN, green key starts blinking. Second start with the same way. And, finally, it does start after 3rd attempt. Always 3rd attempt.

I think, ETSC DTC is just an effect of going BAN status during cranking.

Spunkster, what could you advise where to check? I believe you know logic of immobilizer system better than any )
All components - MICU, receiver and key are stock, and no any mods there.

Dmitry
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

This may be because you are using these ECUs in vehicles they were not designed for. We don't change anything with how the immobilizer works. You may have a faulty immobilizer, key or wiring in the vehicle.
R2Racing

Post by R2Racing »

For everybody who will be googling similar issue. The problem solved. It was just just fake ngk spark plugs. Nobody could not even imagine such reason affected immo, but thats it.

At first immo goes BAN status during cranking cause of interferences, than ECU switches off power supply for DBW particularly, and few different DTCs than, depends of how long are you cranking. When these plugs were already warm - no any problem to start.

Take care, guys

Dmitry
R2Racing
Chrisnjhardcore

Post by Chrisnjhardcore »

Hey what’s up,I am having the same issue with my 2011 TSX not starting but will start on the 3rd try every time,I also purchased NGK plugs from EBay my question is when your car did start on the 3rd try did the check emissions and check VSA light come up?