Hondata 4 BAR MAP Sensor issue.

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2010 CR-Z (US, Euro & Asia)
Ex0shear

Hondata 4 BAR MAP Sensor issue.

Post by Ex0shear »

As title says

- Serial number of your FlashPro: FP-CRZ-US-70080
- FlashPro Manager version: 3.3.5.0
- what sort of vehicle you have: 2012 Honda CRZ (CVT)
- what sort of ECU you are using: Stock ECU
- anything about the car which has been modified from stock which may affect the ECU: Detailed on the attached calibrations file.
- a specific description of the problem: After installing the Hondata MAP Sensor I started the car and the IMA was completely depleted, so car was revving really high but barely moving. After maybe 5 minutes of driving the IMA started charging but still the car was behaving weird and barely pressing on the gas would make the car rev high but barely move or jerk very abruptly.

This is what the Tuner had to say: "Engine side of things came out very well here with no knock counts and much more reasonable fuel trims. Corrected here, but the ECU tune is not the issue for the CVT acting the way it did in the video. This problem originally started after a firmware update did it not, and then it got worse after the 4 BAR map install. It really does seem like the CVT is not getting a proper MAP sensor input. It also seems like Hondata may have not anticipated the CVT not liking the MAP sensor input when swapping to a 4 BAR. We need to follow up with them with some logs, and the video like you showed me. IF the map input to the CVT is good (you may need to trace the wiring and check the resistance from the MAP sensor itself to the TCU) then it has to be a glitch we will need to find out where though, as the ECU looks good. It may be that the car can only run a stock MAP sensor..."

All of this started with a Check Transmission Light while on WOT (P0108 on the TCM). Initially we believed the issue was a version mismatch, but the dealership confirmed that versions were the same, so that was not the issue. As part of troubleshooting, and since it a voltage related error code, we decided to try a higher rating MAP (Hondata), and that is when this particular issue started. I got a small video clip that shows what is going on since its kind of hard to explain the issue, but I am not able to upload it. I can send on a email if needed.
Attachments
Revision22.fpdl
(93.27 KiB) Downloaded 249 times
Etunez.JanC.2K12.CRZ.HKSSC.GE8IME.DW450.4B.CVT.SD.DD.Rev22.fpcal
(12.53 KiB) Downloaded 238 times
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Hondata 4 BAR MAP Sensor issue.

Post by Hondata »

Can't use anything other than a stock MAP sensor on CVTs. We'll change the documentation to make this clear.
Hondata
Ex0shear

Post by Ex0shear »

Ok, so I stick with the stock MAP, that solves 1 issue. Now, whenever I try to datalog at WOT to target and tune WOT AFRs, I get a Check Transmission light (P0108) at maybe 5500-6000 RPM. That leads me to believe that the MAP voltage is somehow floating at greater than 5V, but only at WOT, otherwise everything is fine. Any idea what could be causing this or how to fix it?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Are you getting this error using the stock MAP sensor?
Ex0shear

Post by Ex0shear »

Yes sir I am.
Ex0shear

Post by Ex0shear »

Attached the calibration I had to roll back to for stock MAP. Somewhat stable unless I try to go WOT, the Check Transmission light keeps coming back if I do. Attached a datalog for that calibration as well, but I don't know if its even relevant at this point.
Attachments
Revision19_Datalog.fpdl
(4.55 MiB) Downloaded 263 times
Etunez.JanC.2K12.CRZ.HKSSC.GE8IME.DW450.CVT.SD.DD.Rev19.fpcal
(12.3 KiB) Downloaded 244 times