ERROR when Uploading Calibrations to FP

2012+ US/Canadian Civic Si / 2013+ ILX
13si-vtec

ERROR when Uploading Calibrations to FP

Post by 13si-vtec »

ERROR: This FlashPro can only be used with Civic Si 2012 / ILX 2013 American vehicles. The current vehicle is a Unknown.

After doing a software update and FlashPro firmware update, FlashPro Manager will not let me Upload a calibration to the FlashPro unit unless the FlashPro is connected to the ECU. I was always able to upload a calibration to the FlashPro, then upload from the FlashPro unit to the ecu. Now Im getting the above error message unless I have the laptop connected to the car through the FlashPro unit. How do I fix this problem? What Changed?
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: ERROR when Uploading Calibrations to FP

Post by Hondata »

Can you 'send support information to Hondata' with the FlashPro connected to the vehicle and the ignition on?
Hondata
13si-vtec

Post by 13si-vtec »

Done.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

It works ok here. Can you send us the calibration as well? support@hondata.com
Hondata
13si-vtec

Post by 13si-vtec »

The strange part is that it is working now for me also. This is the second time I have encountered this problem though. The first time I just loaded my calibration to the ecu using the lap top through the flashpro(which worked). After recording a datalog on the flashpro unit I hooked it back up to the computer and I believe it would upload a calibration to the flashpro unit at that time. I have not had any problems with downloading any datalogs.

This time I tried uploading several different calibrations including starting a new calibration (stock reflash) and was still unable to upload to the flashpro unit unless connected to the ecu. It was not calibration specific. I wound up just uploading my calibration to the ecu while connected to the lap top. I then recorded my datalog with the unit itself. Today after sending you "Send information to Hondata Support" I tested it again, and I can now normally upload a calibration to the flashpro unit without being connected to the ecu.

I attached a picture of the Error message I took with my cell phone.