Radiator fans won't turn off

2012+ US/Canadian Civic Si / 2013+ ILX
Post Reply
ipalpha
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 11:00 am

Radiator fans won't turn off

Post by ipalpha » Mon May 18, 2015 11:02 am

Customer was at a Honda dealer. They erased his tune. Brought the car to me. I updated Flash Pro firmware to 2.2.1.0. Uploaded the map. Now the passenger side fan won't turn off at all.

ipalpha
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 11:00 am

Re: Radiator fans won't turn off

Post by ipalpha » Mon May 18, 2015 11:10 am

Uploaded the stock calibration. Same thing. It didn't do this prior.

User avatar
Hondata
Site Admin
Posts: 8546
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2002 12:13 pm
Location: Torrance, CA
Contact:

Re: Radiator fans won't turn off

Post by Hondata » Mon May 18, 2015 12:46 pm

What vehicle? Calibration? When you say stock calibration, do you mean return to stock or a stock equivalent? Why was the vehicle at the Honda dealer?
Hondata

ipalpha
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 11:00 am

Re: Radiator fans won't turn off

Post by ipalpha » Mon May 18, 2015 12:51 pm

Hondata wrote:What vehicle? Calibration? When you say stock calibration, do you mean return to stock or a stock equivalent? Why was the vehicle at the Honda dealer?
2012 USDM MT Honda Civic Si. Sorry. I meant stock equivalent. I hadn't returned back to stock yet. He took it to Honda because it was overheating.

User avatar
Hondata
Site Admin
Posts: 8546
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2002 12:13 pm
Location: Torrance, CA
Contact:

Re: Radiator fans won't turn off

Post by Hondata » Mon May 18, 2015 2:41 pm

Reflash using 'return to stock'. Bleed the cooling system and check that the second ECT sensor is working.
Hondata

ipalpha
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 11:00 am

Re: Radiator fans won't turn off

Post by ipalpha » Mon May 18, 2015 2:47 pm

Hondata wrote:Reflash using 'return to stock'. Bleed the cooling system and check that the second ECT sensor is working.
After 'return to stock' I will not be able to turn the car on with 1000cc fuel injectors. With it flash now they both read but the second ect sensor reads lower (145 compared to 190).

User avatar
Hondata
Site Admin
Posts: 8546
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2002 12:13 pm
Location: Torrance, CA
Contact:

Re: Radiator fans won't turn off

Post by Hondata » Tue May 19, 2015 7:20 am

How did Honda reflash the ECU and diagnose the problem was fixed with 1000cc injectors? Did it have stock injectors then?
ECT & ECT2 are normal. I do not believe that this is the ECU forcing the radiator fan on.
Hondata

ipalpha
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 11:00 am

Re: Radiator fans won't turn off

Post by ipalpha » Tue May 19, 2015 7:23 am

Hondata wrote:How did Honda reflash the ECU and diagnose the problem was fixed with 1000cc injectors? Did it have stock injectors then?
ECT & ECT2 are normal. I do not believe that this is the ECU forcing the radiator fan on.
No idea. Customer brought it to them. They flashed the ecm back to stock for some reason. No. It had everything I mentioned. No idea why he took it to Honda to diagnose overheating. I will 'return to stock' today and see if the radiator fans turn off at least with key on

Post Reply