Top speed limiter

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2007-2008 Acura TL
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Top speed limiter

Post by Spunkster »

Automatics will only work properly with the stock map sensor, since we cannot reprogram the transmission code. It is looking only for stock map sensor voltages, so when a different map sensor is installed it throws it all off.
Yungone501

Post by Yungone501 »

Spunkster wrote:Automatics will only work properly with the stock map sensor, since we cannot reprogram the transmission code. It is looking only for stock map sensor voltages, so when a different map sensor is installed it throws it all off.
Isn't it a bit premature in the conversation for us to presume it's the MAP sensor that's causing the problem? I can't help but to keep thinking about how well the transmission shifted with the Hondata 4 bar when running NA. Does this fact alone carry no value or are you certain of the problem here and if so, could you help me understand how this is? Also, what about the fact that it only occurs in 2 of the 4 shift points?

I know that you guys discovered some dissimilarities between Honda throttle body's and it causing throttle actuation codes/issues. Could it be possible that the J35 and J37 throttle body's have varying TPS readings throughout its sweep? Also, the table for throttle position vs flow has never had any changes made to it with the J37 throttle body installed, could this be a result of corrections needing to be made here? The only explanation for this table in the help contents reveal that it's a table that should only be used if a larger throttle body is used but never explains as to why someone would need to use this and/or the types of problems one should expect to see when changes will need to be made.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Running NA with a 4baror other non-stock MAP sensor will give lower readings than a stock map sensor and that is why it worked. In boost will give readings that it does not expect to see and cause it to do strange things.