iOS 7 and flashpro bluetooth

cl9_TSX

iOS 7 and flashpro bluetooth

Post by cl9_TSX »

Is iOS 7 suppose to be able to connect to the flashpro via bluetooth natively because the only way I can get my phone to connect is via a jailbreak program roqyBT7. The flashpro doesn't even show up in the iOS bluetooth menu. I can't seem to get the latest version of dash command to work either since they changed something that won't allow me to manually setup the IP and Port settings.

I am using an iPhone 5 on iOS 7.0.6
jfranknbeans

Re: iOS 7 and flashpro bluetooth

Post by jfranknbeans »

I am having the same issue.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

You realize that at this point we do not have Hondata Mobile available for iOS? In that case, I assume that you are trying to use roqyBT7 on a jail broken iPhone. What works for me:

1. Make sure the FlashPro pin is 1234
2. Switch off bluetooth from iPhone settings and clear all apps from memory.
3. Start roqyBT7.
4. Switch on the vehicle ignition.
5. Switch on bluetooth (from roqyBT7).
6. Select the FlashPro. Important - don't change screens on roqyBT7 from here on.
7. Start DashCommand.
8. In DashCommand in setting select 'ELM' as the OBD-II interface type.
9. The OBD-II data port should be 127.0.0.1:35000
10. DashCommand should connect and ask to create a new vehicle from the VIN.

Let me know which step fails.
Hondata
cl9_TSX

Post by cl9_TSX »

Hondata wrote:You realize that at this point we do not have Hondata Mobile available for iOS? In that case, I assume that you are trying to use roqyBT7 on a jail broken iPhone. What works for me:

1. Make sure the FlashPro pin is 1234
2. Switch off bluetooth from iPhone settings and clear all apps from memory.
3. Start roqyBT7.
4. Switch on the vehicle ignition.
5. Switch on bluetooth (from roqyBT7).
6. Select the FlashPro. Important - don't change screens on roqyBT7 from here on.
7. Start DashCommand.
8. In DashCommand in setting select 'ELM' as the OBD-II interface type.
9. The OBD-II data port should be 127.0.0.1:35000
10. DashCommand should connect and ask to create a new vehicle from the VIN.

Let me know which step fails.
Yes, I am aware that the iOS app is not yet available. But I was under the impression from the description that iPhone 5 and later as well as newer iPod Touch devices can connect to the flashpro without using a jailbreak app such as roqyBT7. The problem is the flashpro does not even show up in the iOS bluetooth menu.

As for using roqyBT7, I can get it to connect to the flashpro (orange OBD2 picture with IP and Port #) but DashCommand can't connect even though I have already setup the data port to 127.0.0.1:35000 as well as the correct OBD2 interface type. I'm using version 4.1.0 (Build 4025) of DashCommand. I should also note that at step 9, DashCommand gives the following error: "Do not set your ELM wifi on this screen. Please see the help."
jfranknbeans

Post by jfranknbeans »

It does not say anywhere that a jailbroken Iphone is required. I hope this is not the case, don't really want to do that.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

jfranknbeans wrote:It does not say anywhere that a jailbroken Iphone is required. I hope this is not the case, don't really want to do that.
That is only if you want to run generic OBDII apps with roqyBT. Our app does not need a jail broken iPhone.
Hondata
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

cl9_TSX wrote:The problem is the flashpro does not even show up in the iOS bluetooth menu.
It won't (what step above is that?) It will only show on the roqyBT7 bluetooth list.

You should not need to change the OBD-II data port. I have build 4025 and it works.
Hondata
cl9_TSX

Post by cl9_TSX »

Hondata wrote:
cl9_TSX wrote:The problem is the flashpro does not even show up in the iOS bluetooth menu.
It won't (what step above is that?) It will only show on the roqyBT7 bluetooth list.

You should not need to change the OBD-II data port. I have build 4025 and it works.
I see that the hondata mobile page has been updated to not mention the roqyBT app for older iPhone/iPod touch. It was confusing the way it was described before...good to know the hondata app will be able to connect without roqy.

The steps you listed above says the data port has to be on 127.0.0.1:35000 but the default setting is set to AUTO. So you're saying I should just leave it at this?
Kubinh

Post by Kubinh »

I failed at step 10
It keep saying interface error