App not connecting even when visible via Bluetooth

curtdragon

App not connecting even when visible via Bluetooth

Post by curtdragon »

Has anyone run into an issue where Hondata Mobile does not connect to Flashpro even though it sees it in the list of Bluetooth devices and even has a signal strength on it? I have to hit connect several times and the tablet I have it running on is less than a foot away. Other apps on the phone seem to connect to it right away but the Hondata seems to have trouble. I have to unplug it from the OBD port then reconnect it for it to work sometimes.

Happens on my Nexus 7 running Android 5.0.1 and Nexus 6 running 5.1 both using the latest version of the mobile app.
I use Torque Pro and that works faster to connect and I don't have to try to keep connecting. Any way to have the Hondata automatically connect to the Flashpro when you open the app rather then hitting a button repeatedly to connect?
shind3

Re: App not connecting even when visible via Bluetooth

Post by shind3 »

Yes. I was actually thinking about posting this.

Then I tried to 'forget' the FlashPro and 're-pair'. This time it is unable to 'discover' it at all.

I then unplugged the FlashPro from the OBD2 port and waited a few seconds before reconnecting it. Now it works again.

Every few days later, it stops working and I have to power cycle the thing.

I do keep mine connected and in the car at all times.
curtdragon

Post by curtdragon »

Yes like it will work one day, then the next won't connect even though I didn't take it out of the car at all. I had a generic ELM OBD2 adapter and that never had this issue, when it was plugged in it connected all the time.
This has to be some software glitch as it sees the device and even sees the signal strength but refuses to connect unless you power cycle or try again a few times.
shind3

Post by shind3 »

It looks like there are several threads on this issue.

http://www.hondata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=17857 (says 'it can help to pair first')
http://www.hondata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=17933 (says 'to not pair')

lol
curtdragon

Post by curtdragon »

Yeah I saw those but this happens on two Android 5 devices and the pin 0000 is the same as what I use for the car Bluetooth which has no issues
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

If you don't click the disconnect button before powering off the car or backing out of the app, then you may have to unplug the FlashPro to reset the Bluetooth.
curtdragon

Post by curtdragon »

Spunkster wrote:If you don't click the disconnect button before powering off the car or backing out of the app, then you may have to unplug the FlashPro to reset the Bluetooth.
I'll try that, thanks!
shind3

Post by shind3 »

Spunkster wrote:If you don't click the disconnect button before powering off the car or backing out of the app, then you may have to unplug the FlashPro to reset the Bluetooth.
Do you guys have plans to fix this bug?