Data logging egt's with hondata v2 and aem

HondaLogger datalogging software questions and answers.
TurboSohcRyan

Data logging egt's with hondata v2 and aem

Post by TurboSohcRyan »

Trying to finish wiring for my s300 v2, and I have a few questions. I am trying to use the AEM 4-channel K-Type thermocouple amplifier. Wiring each 0-5v output for the aem to an analog input on the v2, should be all I need right? Or can I use the digital in put like with the plx that can daisy chain?

Another question, Once it is all wired, I am having trouble getting them to read right. Fire up the car and let it idle for a min, the hondata reads like 38* when the cylinder measures 330* with a laser temp gun on the turbo mani? Do I just need to adjust the voltage offset? But where you can adjust the V-offset, it says "if you need to set a non-zero offset, then your analog ground is incorrect." What do I need to check to be sure that is correct?
D16z6-GoldenEagle, AFI Turbo, Precision Turbo, Hondata, CG Racing.
618hp 407tq
10.68@137 Single cammer.
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Data logging egt's with hondata v2 and aem

Post by Hondata »

What is the part number of the AEM unit? It may have a different 0-5V output than the 5131 we used.

Don't change the voltage offset. If you need to you can enter a custom conversion, but you will need to conversion calculation from the AEM manual to calculate this.
Hondata
TurboSohcRyan

Post by TurboSohcRyan »

D16z6-GoldenEagle, AFI Turbo, Precision Turbo, Hondata, CG Racing.
618hp 407tq
10.68@137 Single cammer.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The 5131 and 2204 have different analog outputs, so you'll need to create a custom conversion.

The formula is Temperature (C) = Volts * 200 so for the custom input set voltage 0 = value 0 and voltage 5 = value 1000. Set the type to temperature and units to degrees F and it should work for you.
Hondata