Everything is up and working.. but a few issues, HondaLogger

HondaLogger datalogging software questions and answers.
Quick99Si

Everything is up and working.. but a few issues, HondaLogger

Post by Quick99Si »

Long time reader, first time poster. Had the Hondata unit installed for rouhgly 3 weeks and very happy so far :)

Quick info: Stage 3B w/ datalogging/3step, Toshiba Tecra 700mhz / Win2k SP4, serial COM1 (USB unused) + Willem burner

Everything works great with the exception of a couple of things. I was hoping someone might have some input as to how shorten the list :)

1. Rev limits cannot be set in HondaLogger (3.5.4.0)
While connected to the interface box, and when I go to the ECU window, the rev limits are all set to 0rpm and the entry fields are disabled. The MAP sensor type selection at the bottom however, is not. When I burned the chip, the rev limit and VTEC point were not "fixed" intentionally.

2. HondaLogger cannot get status of enabled features
When trying to access the list of enabled function on the unit through ECU / ECU Information, the software reports that a connection could not be established. Datalogging works fine so the physical connection should be OK.

3. Odd issues with setting rev limits statically
VTEC crossover point, shift limiter and shift light can be set w/ the button (HondaLogger displays correct info, and each function is verified on the road.) BUT, the launch revs and overall rev limit cannot be set (not "fixed" on EEPROM). Launch revs can be changed but the value displayed on HL is completely different from what I entered; rev limit seems permanently set at 10,026rpm. I've tried setting it to various points below 7k and testing it on the street, but the engine revs fine up to ~7600rpm.

Basically, I am somewhat intimidated of driving the car hard because a missed shift could potentially send the tach looping around :/ Also, it's a big pain to have to set all the limits manually even though they're not changed often. Finally, I can't get the serial num
ber for the Hondata interface box to update to the latest version of ROMEditor (I currently have v2.500).. or is that not needed?

Thanks for any help!
Adi
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

1. The rev limits can only be set from HondaLogger for s200 systems.
2. Same as #1, but for the list of features.
3. It is likely that the overall rev limit has been fixed in the ROM.

If you wish us to check the system to verify that it is functioning correctly then call us.
Hondata
Quick99Si

Post by Quick99Si »

Hondata wrote:1. The rev limits can only be set from HondaLogger for s200 systems.
2. Same as #1, but for the list of features.
3. It is likely that the overall rev limit has been fixed in the ROM.

If you wish us to check the system to verify that it is functioning correctly then call us.
Thanks for the reply. I also emailed you w/ similar questions, so please disregard that one :) Thanks again.

Adi