Hondalogger TPS Voltage issue

HondaLogger datalogging software questions and answers.
2kblusiguy

Hondalogger TPS Voltage issue

Post by 2kblusiguy »

I just put in a new B20 and have installed a P28 with S200 RomEditor and Hondalogger. I am trying to get the motor started but the Throttle TPS voltage is holding me back I am afraid to start it if there is a problem. When I set the key to the run position, all the sensors run fine, except for the TPS voltage. When I connect to the ECU i get 1.5 volts on the hondalogger and .49 coming into the ecu on the wire itself. you can action the throttle up to full and you see around 4.8 volts on the wire but the Hondalogger and Romeditor still see 1.5 volts. with no change. if you unplug the tps all together you see 1.5 volts still. where is this mystery 1.5 volts coming from. This ECU was just used on my b16 (before Hondalogger and ROmeditor) and worked fine. Does the car actually need to be running for the TPS readout to be right or is this a problem with the ECU itself. Any help would be nice.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

YEs the car must be running to read the TPS properly.
2kblusiguy

Post by 2kblusiguy »

Spunk

So what your saying is that the computer/Hondata will wait untill the car is running, before giving an accurate TPS reference to HondaLogger. I'm guessing this is for a stable reference voltage coming from the charging system or something. Well thanks for the Help

M