Very strange datalogging problem 3B / P28 / H22A EK

HondaLogger datalogging software questions and answers.
Quick99Si

Very strange datalogging problem 3B / P28 / H22A EK

Post by Quick99Si »

Hi,

When datalogging on a warm engine using a very fast laptop, every 72-75 seconds or so, it seems as if the whole system temporarily shuts down and powers up again instantanneously. Revs and target idle go to 42rpm, air temp and water temp to 59F, injectors duration to 177ms, MAP to 1174mb, 3-step settings to 3557rpm etc etc...

Also, a bunch of error codes pop up for 0.1 seconds or so.
2. O2
4. CKP
6. ECT
8. TDC
10. IAT
12. EGR?
14. IAC
16. Injectors
18. "unknown"
20. ELD
22. VTP
23. KS
Code 41 (primary o2 heater) is a pre-existing condition. The CEL comes on within seconds of the engine being started but will go off every 5mins or so when datalogging - stays on permanently when not datalogging.

Finally, in the sensors window, the value for datalog error is "on" all the time. Not sure if this matters.

If anyone has any ideas as to what might be causing this or how to solve it, please let me know :)

Thanks!
Adi
Quick99Si

Post by Quick99Si »

I just realized I posted this in the wrong forum. It should've gone to the datalogging forum obviously... my mistake.

Adi
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Try changing th enumber of errors allowed to a lower value and see if it goes away. The the car doesn't stuble in any way it is more than likely just a dataloging glitch.
Quick99Si

Post by Quick99Si »

Spunkster wrote:Try changing th enumber of errors allowed to a lower value and see if it goes away. The the car doesn't stuble in any way it is more than likely just a dataloging glitch.
I will try that tonight at 3am lol

One problem did come up though with the car.... during a quick run, 2nd gear flew by nicely, I hit 3rd very calmly but the engine cut off at around 6500rpm. I quickly let off, let it idle at 75mph, everything seemed OK as I gently got off the expressway.

This only happened once and only while datalogging.

Thanks for your suggestion.
Adi
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

if you have 3-step and have the clutch switch installed, you may have had your foot resting on the clutch pedal and that caused the 3-step to engage.
Quick99Si

Post by Quick99Si »

Spunkster wrote:if you have 3-step and have the clutch switch installed, you may have had your foot resting on the clutch pedal and that caused the 3-step to engage.
3-step unplugged :(

Big storm last night so I didn't get a chance to test out the earlier suggestion either.

Adi
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You may have a loose wire somewhere in your harness...does the check engine light come on when this happens?
Quick99Si

Post by Quick99Si »

Spunkster wrote:You may have a loose wire somewhere in your harness...does the check engine light come on when this happens?
CEL is on for code 41 (o2 heater) all the time. No other codes stay after the enigne cuts out. (a bunch of seemingly random ones pop up for a split second but go away).

I just realized that J12 isn't cut!! Are my symptoms aligned with the typical uncut J12 datalogging?

Thanks for all your ideas guys.

Adi
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

J12 should not be cut for Staged systems.

For the O2 heater, if that circuitry is not present or wired, you will have to put a 1K resistor across the O2 heater wires as described in http://www.hondata.com/techwidebandtuning.html.