+9 with injen/Mishimoto

Civic 2016+ 1.5 Turbo
Post Reply
g-gill24
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:25 am

+9 with injen/Mishimoto

Post by g-gill24 » Sun May 14, 2017 8:44 pm

Hey,

I see in the calibration there are maps for injen/Mishimoto with the +6 psi basemap. Will there be one for the +9? Or will I have to get a custom tune (I read you need to get a tune when installing an intake). Or is it safe to run the +9 with the Mishimoto/Injen intake?

Jun43
Posts: 204
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:59 pm

Re: +9 with injen/Mishimoto

Post by Jun43 » Tue May 16, 2017 10:37 am

just copy the afm value from the +6psi injen/mishimoto over to the +9 psi

if you don't know how to do it. I can do it for you if you tell me your location, model of your civic and intake
g-gill24 wrote:
Sun May 14, 2017 8:44 pm
Hey,

I see in the calibration there are maps for injen/Mishimoto with the +6 psi basemap. Will there be one for the +9? Or will I have to get a custom tune (I read you need to get a tune when installing an intake). Or is it safe to run the +9 with the Mishimoto/Injen intake?

jpro1
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:01 pm

Re: +9 with injen/Mishimoto

Post by jpro1 » Tue May 16, 2017 10:53 am

Hi, I have the +6 intake calibration on my 2016 Civic EX-T 1.5L. Live in the U.S. How would I copy and load the +9 PSI calibration to the Flash Pro?

Jun43
Posts: 204
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:59 pm

Re: +9 with injen/Mishimoto

Post by Jun43 » Tue May 16, 2017 12:24 pm

jpro1 wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 10:53 am
Hi, I have the +6 intake calibration on my 2016 Civic EX-T 1.5L. Live in the U.S. How would I copy and load the +9 PSI calibration to the Flash Pro?
+9psi is only for the 6MT

jpro1
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:01 pm

Re: +9 with injen/Mishimoto

Post by jpro1 » Tue May 16, 2017 1:14 pm

Okay, got it. Thanks.

g-gill24
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:25 am

Re: +9 with injen/Mishimoto

Post by g-gill24 » Tue May 16, 2017 4:54 pm

Jun43 wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 10:37 am
just copy the afm value from the +6psi injen/mishimoto over to the +9 psi

if you don't know how to do it. I can do it for you if you tell me your location, model of your civic and intake
g-gill24 wrote:
Sun May 14, 2017 8:44 pm
Hey,

I see in the calibration there are maps for injen/Mishimoto with the +6 psi basemap. Will there be one for the +9? Or will I have to get a custom tune (I read you need to get a tune when installing an intake). Or is it safe to run the +9 with the Mishimoto/Injen intake?
Canada
17 hatchback MT
Mishimoto intake

Jun43
Posts: 204
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:59 pm

Re: +9 with injen/Mishimoto

Post by Jun43 » Wed May 17, 2017 9:27 am

g-gill24 wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 4:54 pm
Jun43 wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 10:37 am
just copy the afm value from the +6psi injen/mishimoto over to the +9 psi

if you don't know how to do it. I can do it for you if you tell me your location, model of your civic and intake
g-gill24 wrote:
Sun May 14, 2017 8:44 pm
Hey,

I see in the calibration there are maps for injen/Mishimoto with the +6 psi basemap. Will there be one for the +9? Or will I have to get a custom tune (I read you need to get a tune when installing an intake). Or is it safe to run the +9 with the Mishimoto/Injen intake?
Canada
17 hatchback MT
Mishimoto intake
edit

new software has the new calibration for your intake
Last edited by Jun43 on Fri May 19, 2017 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jun43
Posts: 204
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:59 pm

Re: +9 with injen/Mishimoto

Post by Jun43 » Fri May 19, 2017 9:06 am

g-gill24 wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 4:54 pm
Jun43 wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 10:37 am
just copy the afm value from the +6psi injen/mishimoto over to the +9 psi

if you don't know how to do it. I can do it for you if you tell me your location, model of your civic and intake
g-gill24 wrote:
Sun May 14, 2017 8:44 pm
Hey,

I see in the calibration there are maps for injen/Mishimoto with the +6 psi basemap. Will there be one for the +9? Or will I have to get a custom tune (I read you need to get a tune when installing an intake). Or is it safe to run the +9 with the Mishimoto/Injen intake?
Canada
17 hatchback MT
Mishimoto intake
the new software update has all the intake for +9psi

g-gill24
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:25 am

Re: +9 with injen/Mishimoto

Post by g-gill24 » Sat May 20, 2017 10:11 am

Oh! SWEET

uhx0h
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:47 pm

Re: +9 with injen/Mishimoto

Post by uhx0h » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:01 pm

I installed injen SRI last week and reflashed my car to +9 with Injen SRI and now my car doesn't seem to be as responsive or boost as well as it did when I had +9 with stock intake. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this and whether there is a solution (besides reinstalling stock intake)?

what I've tried:
- battery has been disconnected multiple times for at least 30 min to reset ECU
- left car on idle from 20-30min after battery reconnect
- reflashed +6/+9 with injen SRI to test
- reflashed +9 stock base map to test

any assistance is appreciated...

User avatar
Spunkster
Site Admin
Posts: 16376
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 5:06 pm
Location: Hondata
Contact:

Re: +9 with injen/Mishimoto

Post by Spunkster » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:54 pm

It could take a little bit of time after reflashing for it to learn the knock control and settle down. It could also be that the alignment of the piping is off and interfering with the AFM readings. We did not see huge gains from that intake, so you may not feel much of a difference.

Please see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsheHAF6LsI

uhx0h
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:47 pm

Re: +9 with injen/Mishimoto

Post by uhx0h » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:53 pm

Thank you! I will check realignment of the pipe again and see if the know control settles down in the next week or so. I know there isn't much of a gain from an intake. I was just really shocked that I was able to feel the difference in boost and responsiveness when I flashed +9 with my stock intake and now barely feel any boost with the intake. Almost as though my car got slower with the intake and lost power.

User avatar
Hondata
Site Admin
Posts: 8187
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2002 12:13 pm
Location: Torrance, CA
Contact:

Re: +9 with injen/Mishimoto

Post by Hondata » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:28 am

What are the air fuel ratios and fuel trims like? Check those first.
Hondata

Nmetz0213
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:22 pm

Re: +9 with injen/Mishimoto

Post by Nmetz0213 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:26 pm

would copying the AFM for the +6 injen SRI from 2016 calibration work on the injen SRI for the 2017 si?

Jun43
Posts: 204
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:59 pm

Re: +9 with injen/Mishimoto

Post by Jun43 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:11 am

Nmetz0213 wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:26 pm
would copying the AFM for the +6 injen SRI from 2016 calibration work on the injen SRI for the 2017 si?
nope, Si uses a different MAF sensor

Post Reply