2017 Civic 1.5T Philippines ECU Support

Civic 2016+ 1.5 Turbo
janemar

2017 Civic 1.5T Philippines ECU Support

Post by janemar »

Hi Hondata Team,

Would like to request activation of my 2017 civic 1.5 turbo ECU as currently I can't lock my newly purchased flashpro to my ECU.

Car: Civic Sedan RS Turbo 2017
Engine: L15 Turbo CVT transmission
ECU: 37820-5AG-Z82
Bone stock setup, Running on 100RON octane fuel
FP Serial# 220139
Calibration ID: 37805-5AG-Z820
CVN 0xA580365E

EDIT: 2016 Civic Philippines ECU 5AG-(N81-N82) is already supported I believe, and I'm pretty sure all the features(paddle shift, digital red gauges, VSA, etc...) is just the same with my 2017 civic. The only difference between 2016 and 2017 is that it has a retractable side mirrors and a speed sensing door lock for the 2017.

I already sent a separate email to you support team and also use the "send information to hondata support" in Help menu of flashpro managaer.

I understand my country(Philippines) is already supported by flashpro as listed in your website, went ahead with the purchased and surprised my ECU isn't supported.

Hope you can activate this ASAP cause I'm too excited for the added boost!

Thanks!
- Marion
janemar

Re: 2017 Civic 1.5T Philippines ECU Support

Post by janemar »

Hi,

To update on my concern,

I already successfully downloaded my ECU data to Hondata server for your their review with the help with my Local Hondata dealer.

Hopefully, your team can unlock it in the coming weeks.

Thanks Matt for the phone call support as well.

Regards,
Marion San Pedro
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

There are a number of issues which need to be addressed here:

1. The document with download instructions is not a Hondata document and not authorized by Hondata. The information it contains is confidential to Hondata.

2. The ECUs we support are listed on the International Civic Turbo page
https://www.hondata.com/products/flashp ... -civic-int
If the ECU is not listed, we do not support it. There is a lookup for ECU part numbers as well on every FlashPro product page.

3. We may add new ECUs, but do not guarantee that we will do so, or any time frame.

We wish to make sure that our customers do not have different expectations from ours.
Hondata
janemar

Post by janemar »

Thanks for the feedback, Hondata.

My response in red.

1. The document with download instructions is not a Hondata document and not authorized by Hondata. The information it contains is confidential to Hondata.
^^Instruction to download my ECU data was given to me by my local Hondata Dealer(Blanche Racing.) It was mentioned to me by Matt/your technical team as well, when I overseas called your office a while back. Same instructions, and just wait and see if they can do anything about my ECU, He said.

2. The ECUs we support are listed on the International Civic Turbo page
https://www.hondata.com/products/flashp ... -civic-int
If the ECU is not listed, we do not support it. There is a lookup for ECU part numbers as well on every FlashPro product page.
^^When I was shopping for my flashpro here in Philippines, my local dealer guaranteed that it will work on 2016 amd 2017 civic and He mentioned he already had installed a bunch of flashpro locally. Didn't bother as I fully trust Him and went for the purchase.

3. We may add new ECUs, but do not guarantee that we will do so, or any time frame.
^^It's okay with me and no pressure with you guys if you really can't enable my ECU. Worst case, I'll just ask for refund with my local hondata dealer.

We wish to make sure that our customers do not have different expectations from ours.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Ok, thanks for the feedback. We seem to be on the same page.
Hondata
janemar

Post by janemar »

Thanks, Hondata.

Sincerely,
Marion
janemar

Post by janemar »

Thank you, Hondata Team.

My ecu is now supported with the latest software release.
n3o

Post by n3o »

hi Hondata team,

1.can you update the calibration list for Philippine markets,

we are using South Africa N81 for 2016 model (37820-5AG-N81) and Thailand Z82 for 2017 model (37820-5AG-Z82)

2. question regarding on Hondata Econ mode, I tried Data-logging it while on econ mode on +6 PSI, i'm still getting around 18-19 psi of boost, i thought it should go back to stock mode at 16 psi..

3. my friend was asking if there is a feature that can over rev while at P or N? i believe there's a rev limit up to 4k rpm, can we adjust this setting?

thank you and more power to Hondata!