About torque table and torque measurement

Civic 2016+ 1.5 Turbo
DarkCiv

About torque table and torque measurement

Post by DarkCiv »

Hi Hondata team and all stuff!

I do not know if this is a dumb question... but I looked for it on the forum and I've never seen nobody asking for it.

The point is: Assuming that there is a torque table inside the ECU (and it really does exist!), and that this torque table controls how much the throttle plate opens and turbocharger works.

With that said, the ECU knows, somehow, the amount of torque that the engine is producing... Because it limits the torque of the engine!!!

So, how the ECU knows it??? Is there a torque sensor in this new Civic? Or this is just a software calculator?

And now, the more important and real question about all of this: is there a way for us to read, or datalog this torque that the ECU is receiving (reading, measuring)???

If this is a possible measurement, I assume that this could be a critic and crucial variable to watch during tunning the car... It would drastically drop the needs of a dyno!!!! Even if it is a software that estimates the torque, It will help so much!!!!

Thanks!
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: About torque table and torque measurement

Post by Hondata »

It is a mathematical model in the ECU that estimates the torque.
Hondata
Awsomsauce

Post by Awsomsauce »

Hondata wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:39 am It is a mathematical model in the ECU that estimates the torque.
What tables are adjusted if I were to change the torque limits?
And second part; does anyone know what the limits of the stock transmission are?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

In the calibration window under 'Torque' you should see the torque limit tables (it depends on model).

As for the transmission limits, do you have the CVT or MT?
Hondata
Awsomsauce

Post by Awsomsauce »

Hondata wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:32 am In the calibration window under 'Torque' you should see the torque limit tables (it depends on model).

As for the transmission limits, do you have the CVT or MT?
It’s a manual transmission. So the 10 gens are much easier to tune with the flashpro it’s seems. You specify a torque limit, specify a max boost, and specify a target afr. The only thing to gain more power would be dyno tune the ignition timing. Would I be correct?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Yes, more or less. And with the ignition timing, the knock control will adjust by itself to mostly take care of that.

There is some tuning where you reduce boost in places which will increase power. Some with the ignition timing - it is knocks in only one place reducing the timing there will increase the overall power because the knock control will go down.
Hondata