Flashpro CARB user review

Civic 2016+ 1.5 Turbo
gtman

Flashpro CARB user review

Post by gtman »

I've had my CARB Flashpro for 4 months so I wanted to give an unbiased review of the product. I went with the CARB version when the price was reduced by $200. It seemed to fit the bill as a simple set and forget tune option.

The base +6 tune runs very well. It gives you excellent passing power and good MPG at light throttle. After a while though I wanted a bit more and thankfully even with the CARB version you can up the boost and torque. I made my own "+7.5 tune" and it runs fantastic.

I have to admit at one point I was tempted to buy the other tuning solution (more easy driveability adjustments for the CVT) but decided to stick with Hondata. The Flashpro manager software is intuitive and works great. The Flashpro unit itself is nice and compact and works flawlessly.

Overall Hondata and the Flashpro are excellent. Of course, I wish the CVT would see some updates but there's no doubt the 1.5 turbo CVT running Flashpro is a huge improvement over the stock tune. Best performance mod for the money without question.

Good job, Hondata.
lucho707

Re: Flashpro CARB user review

Post by lucho707 »

Hey, I am new to this forum. Had a couple questions for you. What year and model do you have? I have a 2018 Civic Hatch Sport Touring CVT. I am on the fence about buying the Flashpro for my car. I do live in CA so I would like the CARB version. Have you noticed any hiccups from the time you installed it? I'm more afraid of messing my engine up on such a new nice car. I don't want it for racing, just would like the extra power. I understand Hondata is a very reputable company but it just might be the jitters. Thanks in advance.
gtman

Post by gtman »

I answered some of this in your topic but I'll add this. Hondata's base tunes are ultra conservative. Meaning that they are very safe. Just use the highest octane gas 91+ and you'll enjoy your tuned car much more than stock.
lucho707

Post by lucho707 »

gtman wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:10 pm I answered some of this in your topic but I'll add this. Hondata's base tunes are ultra conservative. Meaning that they are very safe. Just use the highest octane gas 91+ and you'll enjoy your tuned car much more than stock.
Thank you for your input. Greatly appreciate it!