2019 Honda Civic Sport 2.0L CVT ?

Civic 2016+ 1.5 Turbo
RayDHD

2019 Honda Civic Sport 2.0L CVT ?

Post by RayDHD »

Hello, Lovely Hondata Forum Users

I'm confused on where the section is for the 2.0l CVTs. I guess we arent loved enough :(
Long story short, I purchased a 2019 Civic Sport about 7-8 months ago before actually doing much research. I now regret buying the car, wishing I had something faster, with a better transmission, like a manual Si. I am financing this vehicle so I'de say I kinda screwed myself. I need guidance and answers on whether I should even consider using the flashpro to tune my car to at least something remotely enjoyable (assuming).

I'm hoping someone could answer how exactly a reflash(????) can change my civic in terms of HP, Torque, and anything else noteworthy. I was also wondering if using the 6+psi map, which I think is the recommended profile, could shorten the life of the transmission or engine at all. After reflashing, do I have the options to UP the power of the car with aftermarket parts like a new intake, downpipe, ect? Or will adding more power break the CVT transmission? Will this void my warranty, if so, could reverting to stock values before a dealership visit keep me from losing the warranty? And I think, lastly, Which flashpro do I purchase? There seems to be many different options on the website, but non of them say 2.0l/CVT.

If you took the time to read and respond, Thank you, Its really appreciated.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: 2019 Honda Civic Sport 2.0L CVT ?

Post by Spunkster »

I'm sorry, but we do not offer any tuning options for your vehicle. There are no plans to support the non-turbo 2.0l vehicles.
RayDHD

Post by RayDHD »

That's a disappointment.... Can I ask why that is?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The time it takes to make a FlashPro for a new vehicle is not justified by the potential sales.
Hondata
RayDHD

Post by RayDHD »

I didnt think the year of the vehicle would matter. How much different can this 10th gen car be than the previous year 10th gens. I guess it's more complicated than that.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

It is not as simple as just adding the part number to a list. It also does not matter how similar the engine or vehicle is to anything else we have done, the process still takes the same of work for a new ECU. And then we have to cover all the variants of the vehicle (model trim etc), then each model year if Honda changes the ECU and also any running changes Honda makes (like oil dilution). Each one of the these new ECUs takes about 75% of the time of a new unknown ECU. So it is not viable for us to do the 10th gen 2.0.
Hondata