How to Tune Ignition Timing?

Civic 2016+ 1.5 Turbo
arnoldod

How to Tune Ignition Timing?

Post by arnoldod »

Hi,

I almost complete my tuning journey with Hondata. Thanks for the support from Hondata Flashpro community in Hondata forum, Hondata, and Sprunkster. Also, thanks to Hondata team and Doug for posting Honda Civic 1.5T tuning short tutorial in YouTube.

I have boost, knock control, knock count, and fuel trim tuning sort out. To polish the tuning up, I would like to see opportunity in ignition tuning.

I understand that we have no access to ignition timing table but we can use Knock Ignition Limit to safely tune our ignition. CMIIW.

How much increment in KIL I should add and in which RPM/AIRC combo?

Thank You
arnoldod

Re: How to Tune Ignition Timing?

Post by arnoldod »

Hi Hondata Team,

I experiment more with Knock Ignition Limit table so I can increase power without heavily reliant on TCMPR as suggested by Doug in Hondata Flashpro YouTube Civic 1.5T tuning quick guide.

My understanding of ignition tuning means making changes to the Knock Ignition Limit. Increasing knock ignition limit vs. basemap means advancing ignition timing in knock ignition limit table, not necessarily the ignition timing itself because we don't have access to ignition timing table.

Below is delta of Knock Ignition Limit in my calibration vs. Hondata Flashpro basemap & please note that I only alter ignition limit after 100 AIRC:

Attached is datalog that reflect knock ignition limit low table calibration.

Please advise if my understanding is correct and if I still have room to increase Knock Ignition Limit.
Attachments
08-AUG-DIM-IGN.fpdl
(6.97 MiB) Downloaded 156 times