Looking for info about hondata for 2018 civic si

Civic 2016+ 1.5 Turbo
Wretchedness

Looking for info about hondata for 2018 civic si

Post by Wretchedness »

I was trying to find out what maps come with the hondata flashpro product. I don’t see any info anywhere about this, I’m interested in purchasing but was wondering with this are we able to produce our own maps/tunes for the car or do we have to purchase certain maps like with ktuner. Sry if this is a stupid question only new to the tuning scene and trying to gain more info. Thanks!!!
EFICU

Re: Looking for info about hondata for 2018 civic si

Post by EFICU »

Here is a screenshot of the available maps in Hondata FlashPro Manager. There are no extra purchases through Hondata required. You can build your tune from one of these, or a professional tuner can provide you with their own calibration. I made the assumption you're in the U.S., if not, let me know and I can screenshot the available maps and repost for you.
2018 Civic Si Files.JPG
2018 Civic Si Files.JPG (318.91 KiB) Viewed 1334 times
Wretchedness

Post by Wretchedness »

Yes I’m US based, and thank you for the info that pretty much cleared up what I was wondering. Hondata so far from what I’ve read seems like the best all in one package for tuning my car. I was reading as well I can set it so if I select sport mode in my civic it can be set to upgrade the sport mode? Or did I read that incorrectly? Thanks for the info and my noobish questions lol.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Wretchedness wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:25 pm Yes I’m US based, and thank you for the info that pretty much cleared up what I was wondering. Hondata so far from what I’ve read seems like the best all in one package for tuning my car. I was reading as well I can set it so if I select sport mode in my civic it can be set to upgrade the sport mode? Or did I read that incorrectly? Thanks for the info and my noobish questions lol.
No problem, we’ve all been there at one point so we know what it’s like.

I think everyone has their own opinion on whether they like Hondata and why they like it or other solutions. One nice thing about Hondata, you can download FlashPro manager for free. Other solutions don’t provide the software without purchasing their product. Seems silly, but who knows. You can go in and download FlashPro manager and look through the files to see what you think.

I am not 100% sure on the sport mode question you ask. I believe there is some sort of equation where you can do what you’re saying, but hopefully Hondata or someone with more 10th gen experience can chime in.
Wretchedness

Post by Wretchedness »

Yeah that’s true. I appreciate the quick response and the info on everything. I will download the program and see if it’s exactly what I’m looking for which I’m sure it is. Also I noticed in the pic you sent that it had the certain bolt-on upgrades that you can choose from. But in your own opinion would a CAI and maybe a flex fuel upgrade be the best two upgrades to start using with hondata. I’m looking to upgrade the Downpipe as well prolly carted, but I want to retain the stock sound and look to the car but have a beast under the hood haha. Eventually a upgraded turbo is the plan after I do my clutches but that’s a huge dent in the wallet that’s prolly gonna be awhile lol. Anyways, thanks for everything you were greatly helpful.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Wretchedness wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:46 pm Yeah that’s true. I appreciate the quick response and the info on everything. I will download the program and see if it’s exactly what I’m looking for which I’m sure it is. Also I noticed in the pic you sent that it had the certain bolt-on upgrades that you can choose from. But in your own opinion would a CAI and maybe a flex fuel upgrade be the best two upgrades to start using with hondata. I’m looking to upgrade the Downpipe as well prolly carted, but I want to retain the stock sound and look to the car but have a beast under the hood haha. Eventually a upgraded turbo is the plan after I do my clutches but that’s a huge dent in the wallet that’s prolly gonna be awhile lol. Anyways, thanks for everything you were greatly helpful.
The CAI would probably be more for fun and sound, as I believe in Hondata's testing they have shown that the CAI is a negligible gain in power. Double check that though, things may have changed and I may have only seen a couple posts talking about it. I am more of a K series tuning guy, the 10th gens I have very limited experience with.

The flex fuel upgrade would be great, e85 is always a nice addition to a boosted engine for sure. Not sure the climate you're in and where you're located, but the cooling capabilities and increase octane from e85 is especially nice in the summer months as intake air temps increase due to hotter ambient temps. It will help to reduce knock tendencies and increase the power a bit. Be sure to research the impact of extra ethanol on the fuel pump and sending unit. Ethanol corrodes parts quicker, so anything fuel touches is prone to failing if not built for ethanol. I know the 8th gen Civic Si guys all want to go e85, but the fuel sending unit goes out after a period of time due to degradation of the sending unit from the added ethanol. Again, I don't know the specifics on the 10th gen world and if it can handle the ethanol with no issues to fueling components.

The catted DP would probably be a good choice too. Like you, I would want to keep the deeper tone the cat will give. Though the new 10th gen engines seem to lack the raspy tones of older generations which is nice, but they are still loud being .... Once you get the intake and ... DP in, make sure to choose the tune you think is best and make a datalog immediately to see how it's running and if there are any issues. Finding a tuner who can help you dial it in remotely or through dyno tuning would be a good idea. It will give you piece of mind and they can fine tune torque limits and the e85 fueling so it's dialed. Boost, octane, and timing are all crucial aspects to making sure you can have fun with the car and not have to worry.