FK8 Error uploading

FK2 Civic Type R 2015-2017, FK8 Civic Type R 2017-2021, FL5 Civic Type R 2023+ and Integra Type S 2024+
obdtuning

Re: FK8 Error uploading

Post by obdtuning »

L_S_i wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:57 pm A chiptuning company did. With magpro hardware/software. Do you think the jailbreak wasn't properly done and could cause this issue? But wouldn't flashpro software detect that the ecu is locked and prevent the upload?
With MagPro you can't make jailbrake to the ecu.
techtronic

Post by techtronic »

I am currently working on the same issue. An ECU upload (flash) was interrupted mid-process and of course the car will not start. The ECU is only detected in Recovery Mode for 2 seconds after the ECU is powered and Flashpro detects that the ECU is not connected. The jailbreak was done in Malaysia through an authorised Hondata dealer. I sent support data through Flashpro but still haven't received a response from Hondata.. Please help. I have access to KTAG (Protocol 810 Med17.9.3 GPT) but I can't even Backup which worries me..

Thank you for your support

RJ Napitupulu
Techtronic Tuning - Indonesia
Attachments
IMG_20190305_212150.jpg
IMG_20190305_212150.jpg (4 MiB) Viewed 2848 times
techtronic

Post by techtronic »

ECU: 95BFM030027135
Jailbroken by : Pentagon Enterprise - Malaysia (Chris Tan)
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

We emailed you - you'll need to contact Pentagon to get the original image written back into the ECU.
Hondata
chris2000

Post by chris2000 »

Techtronic Tuning - Indonesia

you guys should have just contacted us easily for us to assist you in trying to recover the ECU. It was pretty obvious the ECU was corrupted and dead and not in a recovery mode also, so of course it wont let you do any backup copy of the file.

Instead you guys went and use a ktag and worst of all without proper tooling, tried to solder the board all over to get connection.

The ECU finally arrived us burnt on several point as well as the clear coating melting over the points almost beyond what we can repair. After a lenghty process to cleeaning up the mess you guys did, we manage to connect to ECU and did a FULL RESTORE to stock binary then follow by another Jailbreak for you guys.

Like i said before helping to repair your ECU, we do not guaranttee it can be fixed or if other IC/chip is damage causing other problems when using it in the car, due to the fact that ECU had been damage with improper soldering as you guys did not have proper tooling to handle these MED17 ECU.

In future do contact us directly to rectify issues faster as we are much closer to you than USA.

Thanks again.

Chris Tan
Pentagon MAlaysia