2018 Civic Type R P2261 error code

FK2 Civic Type R 2015-2017, FK8 Civic Type R 2017-2021, FL5 Civic Type R 2023+ and Integra Type S 2024+
richcurt84

2018 Civic Type R P2261 error code

Post by richcurt84 »

Hi

I'm currently remote tuning with Innovative Motor Works using Hondata Flashpro for a 2018 Civic Type R (US). I'm currently using a Full-Race EFR7163 Turbo kit, HKS exhaust, HKS intercooler, stock engine. When I'm making WOT logs in 3rd gear 2000rpm to redline there is a P2261 error code coming up. However, there is no check engine light tripped on the dash. The tuner has informed me that he sees the code coming up in the errors window during the pull. I'm not sure if you have any advice because I have no clue what it could be as there is no CEL.
richcurt84

Re: 2018 Civic Type R P2261 error code

Post by richcurt84 »

I should also mention that Honda has calibrated the electronic wastegate and it is within range. Thank you.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

This is the information from Honda service express:

DTC P2261:Turbocharger Bypass Control Valve Stuck Closed

General Description

The turbocharger bypass control solenoid valve is monitored against plausibility error. This check detects turbocharger boost sensor signal with oscillations in order to recognize turbocharger bypass control solenoid valve which does not open. If the turbocharger boost sensor is a specified value, the powertrain control module (PCM) detects a malfunction and stores a DTC.

Monitor Execution, Sequence, Duration, DTC Type

Execution

Continuous

Sequence

None

Duration

0.85 second or more

DTC Type

Two drive cycles, MIL on

Enable Conditions

Condition

Minimum

Maximum

Intake air temperature [IAT Sensor 1]

59 °F (14.991 °C)

Pressure ratio turbocharger boost sensor to mass airflow (MAF) sensor

1.02002 - 3.045898

12 volt battery voltage [Battery]

7.5 V

16 V

Other

Turbocharger bypass control solenoid valve must be surely opened

No high load requested

[ ]: HDS Parameter

Malfunction Threshold

The pressure oscillations are counted if the pressure of the turbocharger boost sensor is greater than 2 kPa (15.1 mmHg, 0.6 inHg), or less than -2 kPa (-15.1 mmHg, -0.6 inHg). If the counter reaches 7 counts within 0.85 seconds, the PCM stores a DTC.

Possible Cause

NOTE: The causes shown may not be a complete list of all potential problems, and it is possible that there may be other causes.

Turbocharger bypass control solenoid valve failure

Confirmation Procedure

Operating Condition

Start the engine. Hold the engine speed [Engine Speed] at 3,000 rpm without load (in neutral) until the radiator fan comes on, then let it idle.

With the HDS

None.

Diagnosis Details

Conditions for setting the DTC

When a malfunction is detected during the first drive cycle, a Pending DTC is stored in the PCM memory. If the malfunction returns in the next (second) drive cycle, the MIL comes on and a Confirmed DTC and the freeze data are stored.

Conditions for clearing the DTC

The MIL is cleared if the malfunction does not return in three consecutive trips in which the diagnostic runs. The MIL, the Pending DTC, the Confirmed DTC, and the freeze data can be cleared with the scan tool Clear command.
richcurt84

Post by richcurt84 »

I don't mean to be rude and I'm not...I have no idea what you just said.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

I have attached the file instead of copying and pasting.
Attachments
P2261.pdf
(292.4 KiB) Downloaded 475 times