MAF scaling question

FK2 Civic Type R 2015-2017, FK8 Civic Type R 2017-2021, FL5 Civic Type R 2023+ and Integra Type S 2024+
jpierro79

MAF scaling question

Post by jpierro79 »

Hello I noticed in the original full race tunes that the MAF scaling has been compensated to accommodate the 3.5” MAF housing.

However in the hondata fuel system tunes for full race turbo kit the MAF scaling is left stock.

What is the reasoning behind this?
Does it still require scaling the MAF sensor using the hondata fuel system?
Or is there something else you’ve changed that can not be seen when using a hondata fuel system full race basemap?

I noticed fuel offset is the same -19% for stock turbo and for full race when using hondata fuel system.

Thank you in advance.
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: MAF scaling question

Post by Hondata »

Different AFMs were used.
Hondata
jpierro79

Post by jpierro79 »

So your saying you used a different MAF/afm sensor for the hondata fuel system full race kits than you did when the old stock fuel system full race tune.
Last I checked there’s no after market MAF/afm so how would that help anyone ?

By the way when I say MAF (mass air flow) it’s the same thing as AFM (air flow meter).

Unless your saying you use a different housing. Did you use a 3” housing on the hondata fuel system tunes with full race turbo kit?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

I do not have have that information. Using the Hondata fuel system does not change the fueling or fuel trims in the ECU.
Hondata
jpierro79

Post by jpierro79 »

I don’t think you understand what I’m asking. I’m not asking about trims at all. It only has to do with afm values.

If you select the afm tab the values in the original 93 octane full race tune are corrected for the 3.5” maf housing.

In the hondata fuel system full race tune the afm tab values are NOT corrected for the larger 3.5” MAF housing.

Those are hondata maps. Done by hondata.

Why are they not corrected in the hondata fuel system full race turbo tune?
leechihfei

Post by leechihfei »

Hi jpierro79,

Did you find a solution to this problem?
I'm having the same issue. As I am using a 3.5" diameter MAF pipe, and I am sure we need to scale the MAF to this larger diameter.

Hondata,
Can you help pls?

Thank you.