Jerky Cruise Control 2020 Accord 2.0T

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2008+ Accord, Americas and international
ESPLTD88

Jerky Cruise Control 2020 Accord 2.0T

Post by ESPLTD88 »

I have a 2020 Accord 2.0T 10AT with the Hondata Stage 2 tune with TC enabled, and Hondata Eco Mode disabled, and roughly 15,000 miles. I am having a strange condition with cruise control that I can't quite figure out.

When I am in normal driving mode and cruise control is set to 75 mph, I am in 10th gear and when my speed begins to slow the car will obviously accelerate to maintain cruise speed. However, on some very slight inclines the car jerks pretty hard to accelerate. I can confirm that this is not a downshift, and if I put the car in Sport mode and manually shift up to 10th gear, I see a quick burst of boost (approximately 0.4 bar) when the jerk occurs. This is also in normal cruise control mode, not ACC.

Recently I have been putting the car in Sport mode and just leaving it in 8th gear while on the highway and I have not felt the jerk at all. It seems like the car struggles to stay right at a set cruise speed and often fluctuates between 74 and 76 mph.

I just did a transmission fluid drain and refill a few hundred miles ago (as I'd rather change my fluids too much than not enough) and I didn't notice any significant metal flakes on the admittedly weak magnet on the drain plug.

Any suggestions would be helpful!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Jerky Cruise Control 2020 Accord 2.0T

Post by Spunkster »

Without the calibration and a datalog showing the issue its hard to speculate on what it could be.
ESPLTD88

Post by ESPLTD88 »

Thanks for the quick response, I'll try to get that info this weekend
ESPLTD88

Post by ESPLTD88 »

I apologize for the incredibly long delay on this data. Had a lot going on with a new house, getting married, and a new job, lol.

Attached are two data log files of a small cruise jerk, and a larger one (toward the very end of the data log).

Both of these logs are on the attached calibration, while cruise control is set at 75mph.

I have since set the car back to stock, and I occasionally get a similar issue, but nowhere near as violent. I'm assuming it's because the car isn't adjusting to changes in road inclination fast enough and overcompensates for drops in speed.

I'm not sure if there's anything that can be done to fix that.

Thanks for any help in advance!
Attachments
Hondata Stage 2 Base TC Enabled.fpcal
(14.37 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
Small Cruise Jerk.fpdl
(17.82 KiB) Downloaded 160 times
Cruise Jerk.fpdl
(47.86 KiB) Downloaded 146 times
zac.zavakos

Post by zac.zavakos »

This cheap d*ck bought my Flashpro for $300 and refuses to run anything other than 87 octane and complains about poor performance. Spoiler alert: It's knocking at 70mph in 10th on the highway.

Do not respond to him. I love him but I'll beat him with a brick before I help him diagnose his car again. :)
ESPLTD88 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:11 pm I apologize for the incredibly long delay on this data. Had a lot going on with a new house, getting married, and a new job, lol.

Attached are two data log files of a small cruise jerk, and a larger one (toward the very end of the data log).

Both of these logs are on the attached calibration, while cruise control is set at 75mph.

I have since set the car back to stock, and I occasionally get a similar issue, but nowhere near as violent. I'm assuming it's because the car isn't adjusting to changes in road inclination fast enough and overcompensates for drops in speed.

I'm not sure if there's anything that can be done to fix that.

Thanks for any help in advance!
2021 Civic Sport Hatch MT (US)
2021 HR-V....why (US)