dies after reving and drops when holding constant throttle

Post your non-Hondata questions / problems here.
turbon1ck

dies after reving and drops when holding constant throttle

Post by turbon1ck »

whats up guys, i have a problem any help is appreciated, 91 integra first start up and idles good, but when i give it gas its revs up but when let of gas its dies, also when on the throttle at a steady part like (40% open holding) car revs up and drops down without letting go of the throttle. no cels and change dthe tps twice and map sensor twice,, even converted to 0bd1 to run a s300 hundred and the same thing happens thanks for reading this
turbon1ck

Re: dies after reving and drops when holding constant thrott

Post by turbon1ck »

btw i have crower 404 can this cause the problem?
Luke

Post by Luke »

is the car tuned? if not: do it.
low_DC4

Post by low_DC4 »

turbon1ck wrote:whats up guys, i have a problem any help is appreciated, 91 integra first start up and idles good, but when i give it gas its revs up but when let of gas its dies, also when on the throttle at a steady part like (40% open holding) car revs up and drops down without letting go of the throttle. no cels and change dthe tps twice and map sensor twice,, even converted to 0bd1 to run a s300 hundred and the same thing happens thanks for reading this
mine was doing the same thing awhile back i bleed the coolant system and it instantly ran better. try that with any luck it'll be an easy fix. your engine should have a bleeder valve near the thermostat housing. theres a video on youtube, cant remember the name but shows how to do it in detail. good luck hope this helps. try "bleeding coolant system" on youtube.
justink

Post by justink »

(Bumping)
I have the same problem with My zc. Someone please had to have figured this out.
K24Zivic

Post by K24Zivic »

Have you set the idle with Idle Air Control valve disconnected? Is the TPS calibrated correctly? Have you checked for vacuum leaks? What's the fuel pressure doing? Where is the timing set?
1) 92 Civic VX: 05 K24A4 05 RSX 6 speed 06 Civic Si Shifter Electric water pump Skunk2 Stage 3 Cams OG Hasport header with 3"
2) 93 Civic K20/24 being built from tires up
3) 2017 CTR
+ Fit + Civic Hybrid + Odyssey + Grom + Ram Dually