IACV delete

Post your non-Hondata questions / problems here.
low_DC4

IACV delete

Post by low_DC4 »

hey just wondering if any of you guys have ever done an IACV delete before. B18B1 m/T. i been having problems with idle and hesitation. i ran into something talking about bleeding the air out of cooling system when i noticed the hose running from the IACV was a coolant hose i always just thought they where vacuum lines. anyways just looking into delete it out. i have heard of people deleting it but what do you use and is there some kind of kit like a plate or something. i checked on ebay but couldnt find anything. id appericate the help. thanks.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: IACV delete

Post by Spunkster »

You should keep the IACV, but just bypass the coolant that runs through it. Without the IACV you will not be able to idle properly.
low_DC4

Post by low_DC4 »

Spunkster wrote:You should keep the IACV, but just bypass the coolant that runs through it. Without the IACV you will not be able to idle properly.
thanks for the input. have you tried this before? i have read of people running their engine without it, with no problems. i will probably do like you say and just bypass the coolant lines to see how it runs like that first. i can make a plate to block it off later if this doesnt act like i want it too. thanks.
low_DC4

Post by low_DC4 »

ok i just did the coolant hose by pass, the car is running fine. thats with the IACV still hooked up. ill probably make that plate this week and completly delete it this weekend and see how it acts like that. ill post to let anybody who wants know how it goes, even though i aint sure anybody really cares.