4Bar Motorola Map Sensor - Need help with (Scalar & Offs

Post your non-Hondata questions / problems here.
sIrK

Post by sIrK »

When i recorded the datalog with stock sensor i changed the parameters in MAP to a stock sensor....

When i recorded the datalog with 4Bar omnipower sensor, i changed the parameters in MAP to Hondata/Omnipower 4Bar.

First datalog is recorded with the car working perfectly with the stock sensor, then only unplugged the stock sensor, connect omnipower and change parameters, start the car and all works bad, the another datalog is recorded at this moment. And i have 2 4bar sensors, one of xenocron - Motorola, and the other is omnipower, both do the same.
Honda Civic 93 Vti-supercharged
Honda Civic 92 Esi SOHC Vtec Turbo
Honda ITR K20-Swap - Hondata V4
[ 1nSan3 PoW3|2 ]
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

At this point, I don't know what to tell you. Since it's not a Hondata sensor, and I use the 4bar sensor on my car and no one else has this problem it is not a software issue. You either have bad sensors, which i find highly unlikely or there is some other as yet unknown element causing the problem.
sIrK

Post by sIrK »

sincerly im little bit angry because i bought a hondata sensor cause i have a motorola, and want to have the hondata, but the seller that sold me this sensor sent me the omnipower because told me that both are the same... i will ask him to refund my money and i will order the original hondata... im tired to do tests, change values, etc...
i hate this kind of people... grrrr
[ 1nSan3 PoW3|2 ]
sIrK

Post by sIrK »

Hi again, i was doing some tests with the sensor. I was trying to calibrate the omnipower like the stock sensor at iddle, setting the values of Scalar: 755 and Offset: 119. With this values, the omnipower was reading 393mbar at iddle (like stock sensor) and riding the values seem fine. The only thing that i cant understand is that the af ratio oscilates and rpms cant get stabilised... I made a datalog to show you.

Here you can download:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P7JXF7NH
[ 1nSan3 PoW3|2 ]
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It doesn't sound like you have a 4bar sensor. You need to contact whoever you purchased this from.
sIrK

Post by sIrK »

I have 2 sensors of 2 diferent sellers. One sensor is of Xenocron and the other is Omnipower, both of 4Bar and is very strange that both fails...
[ 1nSan3 PoW3|2 ]
crucian

Post by crucian »

Well here we go again, another 4bar MAP sensor horror story. Now I'm for sure Im not going crazy. Hondata and Omni need to come together and resolve this MAP sensor issue. Dont you guys realize that there are too many complaints going around? Stop trying to blame loyal customers and give us fixes to all these MAP sensor problems. Spunkster, since im a loyal customer, will you send me your working 4bar in exchange for mine?

And for sIrk, just ditch the hondata 4bar. Find either a 3bar or 3.5 AEM like boost-MAP sensor.