Flashed 2018 HB Sport Touring and now I get Errors

Civic 2016+ 1.5 Turbo
jedi-dad

Flashed 2018 HB Sport Touring and now I get Errors

Post by jedi-dad »

I just flashed my 2018 HB Sport Touring and I know that all the sensors will complain, but when I switched the ignition off and then back on, I am now consistently getting Lane Keeping Assist Problem, Collision Mitigation System Problem, and Road Departure Mitigation System Problem. I have tried turning off and on about 5-6 times and this is not going away.

I used the 6+ CARB flash. This is the same unit that I used on my 2017 HB. I flashed that one back to stock and and unlocked it.

How do I get this to work??
jedi-dad

Re: Flashed 2018 HB Sport Touring and now I get Errors

Post by jedi-dad »

I went ahead and returned to stock but the errors persist. Please help.
jedi-dad

Post by jedi-dad »

Ok, so this is interesting. I went ahead and drove the car in this state and after about half a mile, the errors went away. I tested LKAS and it is working. So, this seems expected behavior. Is this just what the ECU needs to do before it will clear out these alarms?

I'll go ahead and flash it back to the 6+ CARB, but I would like to get the confirmation this is expected behavior.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Sometimes we have seen sub system errors if the ignition is not switched off soon enough after upload. In any case, try uploading your calibration again.
Hondata
jedi-dad

Post by jedi-dad »

So let's say I get the same issue when I try flashing again. If it manages to correct itself after driving it a bit, can I trust that it's okay? Or is the goal to flash it and there should be no errors if I switch the ignition off immediately after the upload?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

If it clears itself after driving a short distance then it is not an issue and everything is ok.
jedi-dad

Post by jedi-dad »

I flashed again and hit the ignition within 5 seconds of seeing the prompt from Flash Manager. No errors. So I guess that did the trick.

Thanks!
dinoc

Post by dinoc »

I've noticed the same issue while flashing the FK8 Type-R 2018, European version.
Can we get rid of this error, it's quite annoying.
Euro Honda Accord CL9