Kraftwerks Supercharger & Hondata Tune - Car bucks at 5K RPM's in 1st and 2nd Gear

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
kingRAZrock

Kraftwerks Supercharger & Hondata Tune - Car bucks at 5K RPM's in 1st and 2nd Gear

Post by kingRAZrock » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:10 pm

My car bucks at 5K+ RPMs in 1st and 2nd gear. Third through six pulls hard with no problems in the same range. My 2006 civic SI has been dyno tuned at 430.9 HP to wheels. It's almost as if a rev limiter has been applied to the tune. Not certain what the problem is. Please help! I just had the top of the engine rebuilt due to failure and was ass raped by a mechanic. The starter motor, knock sensor, camshaft solenoid adjuster was also replaced recently.
Current mods are as follows:
• Kraftwerks Supercharger Kit
• Hondata Flash Pro Engine Management System
• Hondata Thermal Heatshield Intake Gasket
• Brian Crower Stage 2 Camshafts N/A / F/I
• Brian Crower Dual Springs, Steel Retainers, Steel Seats
• Brian Crower Keeper Locks
• Drag Cartel Variable Exhaust Cam Gear
• Full Race Exhaust
• Skunk 2 Alpha Race Header
• Port & Polished Cylinder Head
• Skunk 2 Type R Shift Nob
• Redline Black Perforated Leather Shift Boot, Double White Racing
Stitching
• GrillCraft Front & Lower Grill
• M3 Style Mirrors with LED Lighting
• Koni Yellow Suspension
• Spec R Springs
• SPC Front Camber Bolts
• SPC Rear Camber Arms
• Progress 24 mm Rear Sway Bar
• HFP Short Throw Shifter
• HFP Body Kit
• HFP 18 Inch Rims
• General G-Max 215 40 ZR 18 89 W Tires
• EBC Performance Brake System Cross Drilled & Slotted Rotors
• EBC Yellowstuff Brake Pads - Premium Street, Performance + Race
• Calhoun Red Powder Coated Front & Rear Calipers
• After Market Pioneer Navigation, CD/DVD Player, Radio, I-Pod
• JL Audio Speakers, Tweeters, JL Audio 12 Inch Sub Woofers, 2 JL Audio
Amplifiers, Power Pack

The tune on the motor was completed by JK Motorsports in Milford, Ct by Jerry. I upgraded from a DC Sports short header to Skunk 2 Alpha Series and replaced a 2.5" Vibrant with a 3" Full Race exhaust. Shortly after the install, the engine failed as the timing tensioner blew apart and damaged the valves. I had the top of the engine completely rebuilt and tuned. The check engine light came on in the first 30 miles and produced the following codes: PO133 - 02 Senser Circuit Slow Response Bank 1 Sensor 1, PO420 - Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1 and P0171 - System Too Lean Bank 1. He must have forgotten to tune out the catalytic converter and fuel timing was off causing the car to run lean. Once the check engine light came on I didn't drive it over 5000 RPMS in any gear. I brought it back to him three days later and he reconfigured the fuel mixture and tuned out the cat.

The car jerks and or bucks in 1st and 2nd gear at 5000 RPMS but when you mash on it zips through both 1st and 2nd gear skipping from 5000 to redline immediately. Do you think it may have something to do with the tune? I really don't want to go back to this guy in Milford and am considering Evans Tuning in PA. If the problem isn't with the tune a retune would be a waste of time and money. What are your thoughts?
Hooked up an OBD reader this morning and there is a stored code P2A00 - 02 Sensor Circuit Range Performance Bank 1 Sensor 1. The check engine light did not come on. Does anyone have any thoughts on my looming problems with this vehicle? Is the tune the issue based on your experiences or the 02 sensors? If I change the 02 sensors do you believe the jerking and bucking will stop in 1st and 2nd gear after 5,000 RPMS? The Kraftwerk's belt is also starting to fray and have ordered a replacement. Going to bring it to a local mechanic to have it swapped out and troubleshoot the code. Any help would be appreciated. I am trying to get the car running right. Please help!

I brought the car in today and will keep you posted.

I changed the 02 Sensor out and the problem isn't corrected.

Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Kraftwerks Supercharger & Hondata Tune - Car bucks at 5K RPM's in 1st and 2nd Gear

Post by Spunkster » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:23 pm

What fuel injectors are you using?