Connect wideband to o2 pinout or ELD or does it matter?

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
ridewhencan

Connect wideband to o2 pinout or ELD or does it matter?

Post by ridewhencan »

I've seen reports of wideband either to the o2 pinout in open loop or to the ELD pinout with the ELD sensor disabled, I assume.

What is the prefered method? I'm going to use the narrowband readout instead of the oem o2 when not tuning.
ridewhencan

Post by ridewhencan »

Hondata - Isn't there an easy answer to this question?

Also, can you confirm if you shipped my ecu/s300 to RPM NYC in Queens Village NY? I still haven't received confirmation of its receipt and you mentioned you had received the ecu on August 16th.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Now you can use both the narrowband input and the wideband input...use the regualr O2 inputon the ecu for the narrow band and teh ELD for the Wideband. Just go into the settings make sure you specify the lambda readings are taken from the eld input.

This allows the car to run in closed loop and also have wideband readings available to Smanager .
CivicVTi

Post by CivicVTi »

Can somebody confirm ELD is D10 pin on OBDI ecus?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

ELD uses D10
Hondata
ridewhencan

Post by ridewhencan »

Thank you. I can't wait. :)
Jaker

Post by Jaker »

Spunkster wrote:Now you can use both the narrowband input and the wideband input...the ELD for the Wideband. Just go into the settings make sure you specify the lambda readings are taken from the eld input.

This allows the car to run in closed loop and also have wideband readings available to Smanager .
So Smanager Autotune can use ELD wideband input for self tuning, and you simpy turn off Closed Loop?

Thanks

Jacques
methods

Post by methods »

This ability should be advertised. I wasn?t considering upgrading until I read this.

The lamest part of the old S200 was having to swap my WBO2/Narrowband back and forth. Compounding that was that I could never datalog in closed loop. It was always a guessing game as to where I actually ran in closed loop.

Nice decision to use the ELD.

And from another thread: The Honda O2 input takes up to 3.8V, not 2.8V

-methods