car issues

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
sovyna

car issues

Post by sovyna »

Hey guys. Long time follower but never talked about my recent issues. I’ve looked and looked about my car issues but no solution.

2010 Civic SI. My car is hard to start. It cranks but starts after 7-10 tries. CEL only visible on ACC but blinks 5 times then it turns off. The CEL is not on when the car starts. Ran the scanner for any stored codes but nothing to do with the engine ( only vsa & tmps). I noticed a pattern that it will start faster when engine is cold than warm. I also push start the car and popped the clutch and it starts fine.

I’ve replace the starter with oem, new battery and checked the terminals and all grounds, hondata flashpro base map for stock tuned si but changed the CC to accommodate the rdx injector, k tuned fuel rail, walbro 255lph fuel pump with new strainer, oem maf, new denso coils with ngk spark plugs (i double checked the gap on the plugs and they were in spec), flywheel was resurfaced when the clutch was replaced and replaced the purge.

I checked if there is any pinched lines and everything is fine. I’m in the process of getting a new crankshaft sensor. I’ve yet to check the cat for clogs and the timing chain. I do plan on getting new O2 sensors (both down and upstream).

Hopefully someone has some insight or a solution to this issue I have. Thanks in advance!
Attachments
stocktuned.fpcal
(21.89 KiB) Downloaded 104 times
datalog0004.fpdl
(2.51 MiB) Downloaded 122 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: car issues

Post by Spunkster »

Has this been properly tuned on the dyno?
sovyna

Post by sovyna »

Not yet. My car cannot start at the moment to take to a dyno.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Have you put in the correct dead times for the RDX injectors?
sovyna

Post by sovyna »

No. How do I do that? This issue was happening before I did all the mods. I was hoping my car will be fixed after I replaced those parts.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

If it was doing this before the modifications then it sounds like you have some other issues going on. You may need to return it to stock and if the problems persist take it to a service center to be looked at.
sovyna

Post by sovyna »

thanks