weird fuel cut when engine is cold

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
sleepyhatch

weird fuel cut when engine is cold

Post by sleepyhatch »

When I start my car, if I hit the gas before the temperature gauge reaches 1/3 of a way, the car would go into this werid fuel cut/funny idle mode until the engine is warmed up. The rpm would jump between 1000 and 1500, and if I rev the engine, my PLX M300 would register 19af or even leaner.

I am running 680cc injectors on stock fuel system, the car idles and runs great once the engine is warmed up.

Any settings I might of changed in Hondata SManager that would cause this "fuel cut" when the engine is cold?

Besides this problem, Hondata S300 has been an awsome system, love SManager software, love how easy it is to tune w/o burning chips. Keep it up Hondata!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You may have changed the settings in the boost tab, or the water temp correction or the air temp correction. You may also have to adjust the idle with the IAC duty cycle slider.
sleepyhatch

Post by sleepyhatch »

Spunkster wrote:You may have changed the settings in the boost tab, or the water temp correction or the air temp correction. You may also have to adjust the idle with the IAC duty cycle slider.
I am on a 7 lb spring, and cold boost and hot boost cut is set to 10 psi with Cold/Hot temp set at 141 degrees F. Water and temp correction is left untouched from the P72 basemap. I will try to adjust the idel with the IAC slider and see if it helps.

Since the water and air temp correction is independent of injector sizes, it should matter if they were left untouched correct?