Oil Dilution Update To Use Newest FlashPro Software

Civic 2016+ 1.5 Turbo
jpro1

Oil Dilution Update To Use Newest FlashPro Software

Post by jpro1 »

Hi, I have a 2016 Honda Civic 1.5T CVT in the U.S. with a Flash Pro (regular FlashPro without carb limits). I’ve read about the oil dilution issue a few times recently and I live in one of the northern states identified on the service bulletin, but I’ve not been contacted by a Honda Dealership to get the software update. I haven’t updated my FlashPro in over 6 months (in which during this time the oil dilution issue began).

My questions:

1) Has anyone been contacted by your Honda Dealership regarding this service bulletin or do most people need to contact their dealerships to schedule an appointment for ECU update?

2) Has anyone noticed any issues or problems with their Civics after the dealership updated ECU with oil dilution fix?

3) Since I’ve not had the oil dilution ECU update, will I still be able to use the latest FlashPro Software update on my Civic or is it necessary to get a dealership to flash the ECU prior to uploading the most recent FP software?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Oil Dilution Update To Use Newest FlashPro Software

Post by Spunkster »

I cannot answer the first 2 questions as we are not in a state that is doing the updates.

If you have a CVT and have not had the update from Honda then you will have to use the old 2016 calibrations. Once you get the update you will have to use the 2017 calibrations or you will get an error to do with the transmission mismatch.
jpro1

Post by jpro1 »

Spunkster,

I finally did receive a letter from Honda about updating the ECU. So, once my 2016 CVT EX-T is updated, I need to use the “2017 CVT EX-T” tunes going forward?

Thanks.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Correct.