KPro v4 Firmware Upgrade Issues

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
timot_one

KPro v4 Firmware Upgrade Issues

Post by timot_one »

I have a KPro v4 and am using KManager 4.4.1. The issue that I'm experiencing is that I get a pop up window when opening KManager while connected to my KPro that says "The KPro firmware will be upgraded". It shows that the USB Driver is installed, the ECU is On Line and the Ignition is on, but as soon as I click OK the ECU status changes to Off Line. There is no status showing any progress of the firmware update and nothing happens. I also noticed that when this happened, all of the information to my CAN display goes blank.

What can I do to correct this issue? I am unable to connect my laptop to my KPro to make changes.
Timothy CM55 K24A2 TVS2300
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: KPro v4 Firmware Upgrade Issues

Post by Spunkster »

Disconnect any analog and digital inputs before updating the firmware as they may be interfering.
timot_one

Post by timot_one »

Thanks for the suggestion. I will disconnect all digital and analog inputs when I get back to the car later this week.

Is there a status bar that shows the progress of the updates, or anything that will indicate the updates are complete?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Yes it will show it updating the firmware and disappear when done.
timot_one

Post by timot_one »

Thank you for confirming that for me. I will be following up at the end of the week with my results.