FK2 Flashpro unreadable error causing 4k rev limit

FK2 Civic Type R 2015-2017, FK8 Civic Type R 2017-2021, FL5 Civic Type R 2023+ and Integra Type S 2024+
jessek9

FK2 Flashpro unreadable error causing 4k rev limit

Post by jessek9 »

Hi guys,
I have an FK2 that ive been tuning with flashpro, we have hit an issue whereby after an unknown period of time the ecu will trigger an error code and throw the car into a 4000rpm rev limit...The issue being the error code is unreadable, the only thing that will reset the code is a complete reupload of the map file.
It doesnt appear to be cutting any boost just a hard rev limit at 40000rpm.
The car has a decat and we do think its an emissions related issue due to the unknown period of time taken to trigger the fault but other than that we are in the dark with it and are desperate for some help.
We have taken a log with the fault present and have the most current map file for the car incase you can see something ive missed.
Thanks
Attachments
FK2 Decat, intercooler, unkown error.fpcal
(10.38 KiB) Downloaded 158 times
FK2 4000rpm limit.fpdl
(117.17 KiB) Downloaded 166 times
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: FK2 Flashpro unreadable error causing 4k rev limit

Post by Hondata »

First try using the FlashProManager Diagnostics window to see if there is an error code. If that doesn't work you need to use a scanner to get the error code.
Hondata
chris2000

Post by chris2000 »

jessek9

Where r you located? Did this happened only after you updated your flashpro manager to the newer 3.3.9 version and above?? The next time it happened just try continue to hit the limiter and hold the throttle to see if it will throw a CEL with code P2263 then after the boost will eventually drop to zero.

Hondata/Spunkster

I believe this is the exact issue that we had been communicating with Matt over email with our file and logs last week and we think its a new update file bug. I have since return back to stock and driving for the 4th day with no issues. I'm sure there will be more and more FK2 owners reporting the case onces they update the latest firmware for a retune.

Chris
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

P2263 is probably a symptom not the cause.

Can you use the 'send support information' for one of these vehicles when it has the 4000 rpm limit?
Hondata
nunoctr

Post by nunoctr »

have you tryed with the afm voltage limit disable?
Civicboi_fk2

Post by Civicboi_fk2 »

Hi all,

Im currently experiencing the same 4K rev limit since a Hondata retune. After evaluating a few datalogs the only difference i notice is that on every datalog where i have the problem i have no ABS sensor speed readings whereas when i do not have the fault they are reading correctly.

i notice on the datalog attached to this post the ABS sensors have no reading either. i have attached my datalog where the car worked for 1 day in between faults for reference
Attachments
5th gear 2000 WOT - Ran out of road - no fault.fpdl
(100.93 KiB) Downloaded 157 times
jessek9

Post by jessek9 »

Flashpro diagnostics read no errors...code scanners dont pick anything up either but the dash has the CEL on and it absolutely will not clear until reupload.

Weve carried this issue through afew different software versions now so i dont think its a new bug. Im pleased that we arent the only guys with this issue tbh as we are at a loss with it.
nunoctr

Post by nunoctr »

My friends car, that was mine, also have this problem.
Runs fine for days then hard cut at 4000 rpm. Needs to upload the map again. No cell.
Runs 3.3.7.0 FM so I think the problem started there
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Do you want it fixed? If so, follow my instructions. If not, keep posting.
Hondata
chris2000

Post by chris2000 »

I had done the send support information earlier with using like stock calibration also triggering the 4k limiter after a day of driving. on version 3.3.9. I believe car was tne previously on 3.2.6 with no rev limiter issues. Thanks Hondata.
jessek9

Post by jessek9 »

Hondata wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:14 am Do you want it fixed? If so, follow my instructions. If not, keep posting.
Unfortunately my guy is 4hours from me, so its alittle difficult to get the info you need quickly.
Hopefully somebody else here can get you the info though.
Thanks for your help.
chris2000

Post by chris2000 »

Just an update for all. We have tested for a good 1 week+ and issues had been resolved since the version 3.4.1. Thanks Hondata for sorting it out.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Thanks for the feedback. Let us know if the problem occurs again.
Hondata
chris2000

Post by chris2000 »

doing a new jdm fk2r hondata tune next week, hopefully all good by now and just saw a newer 3.4.2 today. hopefully no issues. haha