Best Base Map Calib. for New Intake Takeda

Civic 2016+ 1.5 Turbo
NikkoPH

Re: Best Base Map Calib. for New Intake Takeda

Post by NikkoPH »

Try flashing back to a fresh +6 calibration and datalog. Then import you AFM Values to the fresh calibration and datalog again. I did not notice any knock on any cylinder, my kcount is a steady .56.
Emount91

Post by Emount91 »

I just did that, started a fresh new calibration and reuploaded the AFM table from my last calibration. I'll do a datalog on the way to work tomorrow and see.

If I'm still seeing double digit knock counts, I will just revert back to a fresh 6PSI calibration using the default AFM table and see if it still gets a high knock count. If it does, then I'm at a loss and I won't worry about it anymore and get my fuel trims back in line.
Emount91

Post by Emount91 »

still getting decent knock count with the fresh tune and AFR values imported from old tune, plus all I did was a -3% adjustment across the board and somehow ran richer this morning than last night on the same commute.

just flashed it back to the fresh 6PSI basemap with no adjustments, going to rebaseline and start fresh.
Emount91

Post by Emount91 »

Started fresh with a brand new 6PSI+ tune and made a single adjustment from BeginningV-2.2V of -5% (with very slight blending of the 3 values after the range). my S.TRIM graph looks better than it ever did, even after the dozens of adjustments I made the first time around.
08 29 19 Commute.jpg
08 29 19 Commute.jpg (210.99 KiB) Viewed 2379 times
Also, knock count back down to 3 total on my whole commute this morning, I'm thinking I made way too many adjustments the first time around and the values got really unsmooth, causing knocking between voltages. Will continue to monitor over the next few days to make sure it isnt a fluke.

I am also going to go back to taking multiple datalogs before making any adjustments. I have a feeling a lot of the adjustments I made the first time around were to areas that did not really need adjustments (area could have showed a mean based on outliers and not actual trends), knocking everything way off. My data plot scatter is a lot tighter this time as well.

Going to tackle that little area in the lower voltages next (BeginningV-1.6V), once I see a consistent pattern of richness on multiple datalogs in that area.
NikkoPH

Post by NikkoPH »

I had a total of 4 knock in my morning commute, 2 in cylinder 1 and 2 in cylinder 2. Knock control stays at 0.57. can we check the datalog where exactly that knock occured?
Emount91

Post by Emount91 »

NikkoPH wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:24 pm I had a total of 4 knock in my morning commute, 2 in cylinder 1 and 2 in cylinder 2. Knock control stays at 0.57. can we check the datalog where exactly that knock occured?
Yes, pull up your graph from your datalog and make sure K Count is one of the things it measures.

Pull up the IGN table using the Table button at the top.

Scroll to the part of the datalog where the knock count went up, use the arrow keys to bounce back and forth between before the knock happened and when it happened. There should be highlighted data cells on your Table, those are the ignition values the ECU was using at the time of the knock. Highlight the ones in question before the knock happened and when the knock happened and adjust by a value of -2.

Redatalog and see if the knock counts went down. If they did, it's real knock and you need to play with more of those IGN cells until it stops.
If the knock count stays the same after 2 attempts of -2 adjustment, it is more than likely false knock.
NikkoPH

Post by NikkoPH »

i may have been over reacting, i think 4 knock count over 40 mins travel is nothing to worry about.
Emount91

Post by Emount91 »

NikkoPH wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:24 pm I had a total of 4 knock in my morning commute, 2 in cylinder 1 and 2 in cylinder 2. Knock control stays at 0.57. can we check the datalog where exactly that knock occured?
I know there is another way to control that, but I think it's more generic and universal than these fine-tuning adjustments and you may see an overall drop in power across the board instead of just the circumstances the knock would have occurred.

You can trim the problem cylinders -2 degrees under Ignition Cylinder Trim in Calibration to see if the knock count decreases.
Emount91

Post by Emount91 »

NikkoPH wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:35 pm i may have been over reacting, i think 4 knock count over 40 mins travel is nothing to worry about.
Yeah thats either minuscule knock that was probably naturally occurring on the stock tune too, or false knock noise picked up from the pavement conditions.

No bolt on mods yet, right?
NikkoPH

Post by NikkoPH »

Emount91 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:29 pm
Yes, pull up your graph from your datalog and make sure K Count is one of the things it measures.

Pull up the IGN table using the Table button at the top.

Scroll to the part of the datalog where the knock count went up, use the arrow keys to bounce back and forth between before the knock happened and when it happened. There should be highlighted data cells on your Table, those are the ignition values the ECU was using at the time of the knock. Highlight the ones in question before the knock happened and when the knock happened and adjust by a value of -2.

Redatalog and see if the knock counts went down. If they did, it's real knock and you need to play with more of those IGN cells until it stops.
If the knock count stays the same after 2 attempts of -2 adjustment, it is more than likely false knock.

Thanks, now i have something to do over lunch break
NikkoPH

Post by NikkoPH »

Emount91 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:37 pm
NikkoPH wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:35 pm i may have been over reacting, i think 4 knock count over 40 mins travel is nothing to worry about.
Yeah thats either minuscule knock that was probably naturally occurring on the stock tune too, or false knock noise picked up from the pavement conditions.

Just an intake and aftermarket intercooler, thats all.
Emount91

Post by Emount91 »

NikkoPH wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:38 pm
Emount91 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:37 pm

Just an intake and aftermarket intercooler, thats all.
Check to make sure both of those are nice and snug, not loose, and not making contact with anything it shouldn't be making contact with in the engine bay.
Emount91

Post by Emount91 »

I am doing a 300 mile drive today, is that way too long of a datalog to tune AFRs over?

If so I can split it up into 2 or 3 different logs, anyone have any advice?