AIM MXS Strada and Kpro Oil Pressure

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
zeba5

AIM MXS Strada and Kpro Oil Pressure

Post by zeba5 »

Hi, im having an issue with this oil pressure sensor. For some reason its reading fine on the Kpro, but on the AIM its showing around 10 psi when the engine is off, and when its on idle i get 50-60 psi (cold start) on the kpro and 70-80 on the dash.

AIM mxs dash is connected under can motec protocol. Im lost here.

Thanks!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: AIM MXS Strada and Kpro Oil Pressure

Post by Spunkster »

You will need to provide the calibration and a datalog showing what you are referring to as well as more detailed information on what sensor you are using.
mulligan188

Post by mulligan188 »

Check on aims website in ecu connections. You need to use an autometer pressure sensor wired into the correct pins to get it to read correctly on both. It wont read using just the motec protocol
ApexMonzter

Post by ApexMonzter »

zeba5 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 3:29 pm Hi, im having an issue with this oil pressure sensor. For some reason its reading fine on the Kpro, but on the AIM its showing around 10 psi when the engine is off, and when its on idle i get 50-60 psi (cold start) on the kpro and 70-80 on the dash.

AIM mxs dash is connected under can motec protocol. Im lost here.

Thanks!
Any solution to this? I am having the same issue and I am using the specified Autometer 2246 Pressure Sensor on Analog 0. On Hondata GUI seems to report back fine I believe but AIM dash is off by about 10PSI. Same scenario as yours.
tehlonz

Post by tehlonz »

AIM CAN protocols dont work wholly correctly for Analog inputs from the krpo.

The Sensors are to be set the channels AIM has coded into the CAN protocol to work. Its hard set in the protocol to match the sensors.

I've never been able to have the correct mV translate from the KRPO to the AIM.

Im currently running my MXS on 232.
thomasn

Post by thomasn »

I developed a custom kpro can protocol for the AIM MXS Strada (non strada also).
I added the Lambda reading since AIM decided to ignore this stream in the protocol.

The 8 analog inputs are returned as raw mv values, and i added my calculations using Math channels for my custom sensors (fuel pressure and oil pressure using Reveltronics sensors, EGT using AEM 30-2050 (not k-type), and oil temperature using AEM-30-2012).

Happy to share my MXS can protocol for the Hondata community.
IMG_1679.PNG
IMG_1679.PNG (3.24 MiB) Viewed 4443 times
brenthay

Post by brenthay »

thomasn wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:34 am I developed a custom kpro can protocol for the AIM MXS Strada (non strada also).
I added the Lambda reading since AIM decided to ignore this stream in the protocol.

The 8 analog inputs are returned as raw mv values, and i added my calculations using Math channels for my custom sensors (fuel pressure and oil pressure using Reveltronics sensors, EGT using AEM 30-2050 (not k-type), and oil temperature using AEM-30-2012).

IMG_1679.PNG
I have sent you a PM.

I'm keen on using your CAN protocol.
TTG

Post by TTG »

thomasn wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:34 am I developed a custom kpro can protocol for the AIM MXS Strada (non strada also).

Also interested in your setup since I just got this dash installed in my car.
MHinOZ

Post by MHinOZ »

IMG_1679.PNG
Hey, great to see you go it working, definitely interested in using your CAN protocol, will PM you.

Question, did you have to wire the senders using the pull up resister that AIM talks about in their Infotech release "moreover you need to install a 1.5kOhm 1% pull up resistor connected to VCC 5V"

Any assistance would be great
brenthay

Post by brenthay »

Looks like 'thomasn' hasn't been online in a while, he hasn't seen the message I sent him a long time ago.

Anybody else can help with CAN protocol for extra sensors like fuel pressure etc?
IPUCivic#44

Post by IPUCivic#44 »

IMG_1679.PNG
Would love to have a copy of your efforts mate if youd like to share?
thomasn

Post by thomasn »

Sorry i was not informed of the private message via email,
i'm sending a PM to all who asked so you can send me an email and i can send the can protocol with the setup i'm using
DXBHSV

Post by DXBHSV »

Hello, happy if someone could share these can bus setup files with me, as Im just setting mine up currently and suffering the same issue of not seeing Oil pressure and AF data being passed accross to the AiM via canbus, but all showing fine on the Hondata AN7 input for Oil pressure and Digital input for the PLX AF

cheers
James
jtrue

Post by jtrue »

Did anyone ever solve this? Having the same issue, imagine it requires an edit to the CAN Protocol. My AEM sensor is reading 8-9 PSI with key on engine off, the Autometer 2246 is reading 10 psi with key on engine off. Voltage and Pressure values in the custom input table in KPro have no impact on the dash readout, Kpro is pegged right at 0 with key on engine off.