SManager V1-1 Beta

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
gforceinteg

Post by gforceinteg »

I am guessing the "Overrun" feature is for throttles that are stuck wide open?
flip1199

Post by flip1199 »

ok i have a bin file from my s200. it opened up originally with the first few smanager software's. now that i dl'd the beta version on page 2 i go to open the bin and convert it and i get a error message that says "floating point division by zero" and when i go to look at the table it show's nothing.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

If you have laready converted a file, there is no need to kep converting, just save it using Smanager and use that calibration file instead.

Fuel Cutoff
This controls the rpm point where the injectors are cutoff at very low throttle openings.
wayne

Post by wayne »

Is it just me or is PARAMETERS/FUEL TRIM/THROTTLE TIP IN TRIM not working properly in the new beta?

I've tried values from -100 to 100 and it doesn't seem to make a difference.

it would be really useful if the tip in range could be higher. For example: in Romeditor, I would specify a tip in value of 1.3 to help tip in with ITB's.
D@nny

Post by D@nny »

That problem with the tach jumping around sounds like a distributor problem most likely the ignitor

whats going on with the ect compensation? Is it going to be working soon?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Hondata wrote:Update 10/10/2005:
? Added additional tables for water temp correction.
Hondata
sq_creations

Post by sq_creations »

I took off my msd stuff and went back to the stock ign,cap,&coil and the car has been doing good. That took care of the tac/rpm problem. I have tables right where I want them with the stock map and 750's I want use my gm 3 bar but the whole map points shift. I read the atmoshpere voltage with the car on but not running and it is @ 2 volts. The s300 wont let me change that value though when I have it on the motec 3bar. Should I used the neetronics setting for the 2.5 bar because the atmoshpere voltage is closer. Or should I try to scale some of the other adjustments? How do I figure out what "offset" and "scalar" should be at. I only want to run 16 psi.
D@nny

Post by D@nny »

Hondata wrote:
Hondata wrote:Update 10/10/2005:
? Added additional tables for water temp correction.
Downloaded the new beta.... opened my map...press load and the hondata software freezes and my main relay goes off like a machine gun and all the lights on the dash start pulsing. Disconnect the computer turn the key foward and its fine....

connect a factory p72 turn the key foward and its normal...fuel pump comes on relay is fine.

connect your "s300" turn key foward and the main relay goes nuts along with the fuel pump fans and everything else in the car....

At this point im at a loss for words...ive wasted hundreds of dollars on useless dyno time only to have a car that doesnt run becasue of the computer system I just payed hundreds of dollars to "upgrade"..
being this car is my daily driver it has cause huge problems...
It baffles me how you could release a system with this many problems with the potential to damage expensive motors and leave people stranded
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Try closing the program and uploading the calibration again. Who did the socketing of your ecu? You are the only person who has experienced this problem, so I suspect it is an isolated issue.
mark3000

Post by mark3000 »

D@nny wrote:It baffles me how you could release a system with this many problems with the potential to damage expensive motors and leave people stranded
You might want to verify its not the ecu that screwed up. Your s300 is probably fine....Im with spunkster, who installed the s300?
cinq

Post by cinq »

D@nny wrote:
Hondata wrote:
Hondata wrote:
At this point im at a loss for words...ive wasted hundreds of dollars on useless dyno time only to have a car that doesnt run becasue of the computer system I just payed hundreds of dollars to "upgrade"..
being this car is my daily driver it has cause huge problems...
It baffles me how you could release a system with this many problems with the potential to damage expensive motors and leave people stranded
It sucks that it's not working well for you. Mine is working really well, and I prefer this over the s200. I even converted my tuned s200 to s300 without a problem, just some minor tuning to get it where I wanted.

It might be something else you might want to double check, like have another laptop with s300 install...if that's still the case..then it could be your ecu that wasn't installed correctly.
Last edited by cinq on Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Silverbeast

Post by Silverbeast »

I had the similar result happen on the dyno last night. Newer version of the software, old map... car freaked out and the main relay clicked, etc.

The S300 wouldnt take the upload. Tried several times and even tried closing everything and loading it up again, didnt work. Used V1.0.9 on another tuner's laptop, and made a fresh map, all was good.
Shmaa

Post by Shmaa »

The only major complaint I have right now is my Idle. i have had my timing anywhere from 17-22 at idle and no matter what it will not idle smooth any leaner than 12.0:1 AFR. I have adjusted the IAC, everything. Timing is steady during idle. Stock map sensor. 750cc injectors.

Right now I'm just afraid of washing my rings, but its either that or have the car missing and popping everytime I come to a light.

If there have any tuning suggestions I would be glad to try them out...
gforceinteg

Post by gforceinteg »

I have also been having difficulty getting the program to consitantly take uploads. I have been getting "Upload Failed" on many occasions. Some how on 1 occurance it wiped out the entire maps/parameters that were already uploaded. After the uopload problem I downloaded what was there and it was all blank. I though maybe it was my laptop but then again maybe not........
D@nny

Post by D@nny »

Spunkster wrote:Try closing the program and uploading the calibration again. Who did the socketing of your ecu? You are the only person who has experienced this problem, so I suspect it is an isolated issue.
I sent it to you guys and no its not socketed wrong....

When you load maps it likes to change them ...almost blew my motor and ruined an expensive trip to the track..

When your paying 100$ an hour on a dyno and you load a program and it freezes and takes an hour to get it working again its not a happy experience.

When you go to the track and load your map you spent hours tuning and it changes by itself its not a happy experience.

If you have a race gas map and a pump gas map and you are changing from one to the other often and it changes by itself everytime you load it then theres a problem......please look into it further