SManager V1-1 Beta

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
D@nny

Post by D@nny »

Silverbeast wrote:I had the similar result happen on the dyno last night. Newer version of the software, old map... car freaked out and the main relay clicked, etc.

The S300 wouldnt take the upload. Tried several times and even tried closing everything and loading it up again, didnt work. Used V1.0.9 on another tuner's laptop, and made a fresh map, all was good.
Im glad you got yours to work.

On mine I had to delete the new software and load the old stuff off the cd..
it took about 30 minutes to get it to accept the map...then I tried the new beta and it froze a few times and then took it and screwed up the map...i have to retune the car everytime they fix a bug...
gforceinteg

Post by gforceinteg »

Not that you should have to use it and I do share in your frustration to some of these events, but instead of paying to retune all the time it really is a good idea to keep a safe copy of your tunes on a seperate harddrive or CD just in case. I mean once your have a good tune make a few copies for in case this happens. I always do.
Jaker

Post by Jaker »

I don't seem to be able to make any changes to the Water Temp Compensation, Air Temp Compensation, or Gear Compensation. When I open the windows, the parameters appear in blue (one window per load level), but when I click on the window I wish to change, or try and make an entry, nothing happens. I'm using the Oct 10 version of 1.1.0.0.

Also, will I be able to enter my own gear ratios in the Gear Compensation window, or am I stuck with the ratios in the drop down menu?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Jaker wrote:I don't seem to be able to make any changes to the Water Temp Compensation, Air Temp Compensation, or Gear Compensation. When I open the windows, the parameters appear in blue (one window per load level), but when I click on the window I wish to change, or try and make an entry, nothing happens. I'm using the Oct 10 version of 1.1.0.0.

Also, will I be able to enter my own gear ratios in the Gear Compensation window, or am I stuck with the ratios in the drop down menu?
I just tested this and it works fine. Can you post your calibration?
Jaker

Post by Jaker »

Here it is:
Attachments
JRSC2.skl
(15.52 KiB) Downloaded 154 times
Jaker

Post by Jaker »

Never mind. Operator error!
Silverbeast

Post by Silverbeast »

Is there a way for us to get the beta back that fixed the idle issues, and the tracing ONLY? I do not care about the additional temp correction stuff. This is the last BETA that worked for us.

Thanks.
CivicVTi

Post by CivicVTi »

Just installed my S300 with the latest beta Smanager. Hopefully everything works great. I even converted my old S200 .bin and the AF ratios are exactly the same. The only thing I noticed is very high moving idle (1400rpm) and I do not think there is a setting in the Smanager about this. I'll try decreasing the idle valve duty cycle and see what happens.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Jaker - check you dpi setting is '96 dpi (normal)' This is found under display properties, 'settings' tab, 'advanced' button then 'general' tab. Some laptops default to something more than 96 dpi.
Hondata
Jaker

Post by Jaker »

Thank you sir. It was set to 120 dpi. However, now I have to sit closer to the screen :shock: .

I also deleted the post, as I could not get the damned datalog to attach. It kept coming up with 0 KB.

The jist of my original post was that the data shown in the "Display" window for the dataloging was being truncated (cut off) because the window did not appear to be wide enough. My ECT were 183.6, but the window only showed 83.6, because the window was cutting off the "1".

All better now.
wayne

tps voltage

Post by wayne »

Would it be possible to add a TPS calibration function?

It would be handy for the many tps's which aren't bang on from the factory.

Either a 0% voltage and 100% voltage table, or a "leave throttle fully closed" press enter, "depress throttle fully" press enter kinda thing.
CivicVTi

Post by CivicVTi »

Decreased idle valve duty and moving idle is now about 900-950 which is good. However, the ECT vs Idle speed function does not work for me. Has anyone success with it?
ridewhencan

Post by ridewhencan »

Which software should I use, the disk or the beta download?
gforceinteg

Post by gforceinteg »

What changes where made to correct idle. Because I can get a clean idle but if I try to hold any rpm higher then say 1500 like hold at 2500 rpm it on a smaller scale does the hunt and surge again??? Is this still a software issue?

ALSO very important here. I purchased the PLX m-250 since it is what hondata always recommends however, Its installed and constantly reading a lean mixture vs. stock 02. almost 3 points higher (17.5) Before I found this out, we were trying to correct the fuel only to find out it was running so rich. So if the plx is supposed to be a self calibrating device what do i do now? I know they wont return it, but hondata said this was best?
RMS

Post by RMS »

have you tested for a voltage offset causing your af difference?
RaVer Motorsports (559) 733-4711
ravermotorsports@earthlink.net