D-series help!

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
BH_Turbo

D-series help!

Post by BH_Turbo »

Last night, late last night we finished getting everything installed and the base map uploaded that my tuner gave me so that I could drive to mobile so we could get it on the dyno and tune it. It cranked right up, rough idle but it cranked and ran. While it was idling we were putting up tools so I could get home. Once the car warmed up it died and would not crank again. I am not qualified to make changes without taking the risk of blowing something up so I could do no more than to try any of the provided base maps. The Greddy map would crank and idle real high but nothing more, other than that I was dead in the water. If anyone can help me out with a base map so the car can be driven to mobile I would be forever in your debt!

This is what we are working with:
1998 Civic EX D16Y8, turbonetics T3 turbo, RC550 injectors, GM 3-bar map, P28 ecu. Fuel pressure is 41lbs at idle. I think the stock injectors were 190cc. Any other information I can reply quickly to since I'm sure there is something that I'm over looking. Attached is the basemap that he provided.

Many thanks in advance,
David

BTW, we plugged my stock ecu in so I could get home, it sucked down a 1/4 tank of gas but did get me home :-)
Attachments
D16y8.skl
(16.17 KiB) Downloaded 156 times
smracing

Post by smracing »

Try this. The stock injectors are 240cc. I changed that and added a little cranking trim. If the car still doesn't start, push the gas to the floor when you crank the car.
Attachments
D16y8.skl
(15.48 KiB) Downloaded 172 times
BH_Turbo

Post by BH_Turbo »

Thank you for the reply, I can't wait to get home and give it a whirl. I will be sure to post back the results I get.
Thanks again,
David
BH_Turbo

Post by BH_Turbo »

Ok, here is the latest. I had three maps sent by my tuner, none would crank. I used the smracing map and it cranked up and ran till operating temp. I went back through my tuners maps and one of those cranked for a short time. I did data log both of them and to keep any confusion down I'm going to post each of the data logs along with the map.

I deeply appreciate the help and this will end up with a dyno run on Saturday so getting this information will be a big help in getting where I need to be.
Attachments
smracing.skl
(15.48 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
smracing.s2d
(1.05 MiB) Downloaded 153 times
BH_Turbo

Post by BH_Turbo »

Here is the second map and data log that actually ran for a minute or so.

I also got a map sensor code on atleast one of these, I'm going to put a multi-meter on the GM 3bar map sensor that I'm running tomorrow to insure that I am getting the correct voltage.
Attachments
db1.skl
(15.67 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
db1.s2d
(410.78 KiB) Downloaded 132 times
Spanky

Post by Spanky »

what are you using for offset and scalar? for my gm 3bar i am using 630.6 scalar and -315 offset. for some reason i cannot down load the maps, this pc is pos. my car (same motor) runs, but wont idle.
"My other car is a camaro, but today I was in a hurry."
BH_Turbo

Post by BH_Turbo »

Update on the untuneable d16y8! After playing with the fuel trim so the car would run and make it to mobile, my tuner found the problem. Seems my GM 3bar map sensor was doa new out of the box. With it geeked out, hondata was seeing 41lbs of boost at idle. I'm sure if it ever sees 41lbs of boost its going to geek anyhow. He loaned me a GM 2bar so that I could make it a week before going back for my tune/dyno. On the bright side, with it still pig rich he made a quick pull and showed 193whp and had to let out since it went lean at the top. I don't think that's bad at 10lbs of boost, D16Y8 with 85k miles, stock internals, ac and ps. I'm anxious to see what its going to tune out at with us keeping 10lbs of boost. I can say that the S300 is awesome.
Spanky

Post by Spanky »

im having the same exact problem! at any engine speed my plx wb went from 14.7 to 13.5 to 12 to 11 to RICH. i was befuddled. i checked out my display. the map (gm 3 bar) stayed locked at 286 kpa. well the 3 bar map is capable of 299 kpa. in other words it was telling my ecu that there was pressure of 42 psi or about 27 lbs of boost at all times. i was only running 15, fouled my plugs and flooded my engine. off to switch to stock map, til the aem 3.5 comes, change my gassy oil, and flush the engine out with the injectors unplugged as well as the distributor. ill keep you posted pal.
"My other car is a camaro, but today I was in a hurry."