k24 fa5

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

samuelk24

k24 fa5

Post by samuelk24 »

hello friends, I have a civic si 2008 k24a pistons RRC camshaft drag cartel stage 4 header skunk2 alpha , intake manifold rbc, injectors rdx 410cc. my problem is when I have the vtec at 5500 rpm works normal I try to lower it to 4800 rpm and the problems begin makes strange rpm cut sounds. I could help with some basemap that can solve this probema with the correct angle of vtec
EFICU

Re: k24 fa5

Post by EFICU »

samuelk24 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:55 am hello friends, I have a civic si 2008 k24a pistons RRC camshaft drag cartel stage 4 header skunk2 alpha , intake manifold rbc, injectors rdx 410cc. my problem is when I have the vtec at 5500 rpm works normal I try to lower it to 4800 rpm and the problems begin makes strange rpm cut sounds. I could help with some basemap that can solve this probema with the correct angle of vtec
Can you post some datalogs and the calibration you're driving on?

One thing you need to be mindful of, with the Stage 4 DC cams, you may have to limit the cam rotation so you don't have any piston to valve clearance issues. Aftermarket cams will have a cam rotation limit that needs to be addressed in the tune so you don't have any issues there.

What camshaft wheel did you use, 25* or 50*?
samuelk24

Post by samuelk24 »

hello friend the vtc is 50 degrees here I share a datalog placing the vtec at 5500
Attachments
datalog0011.fpdl vtec activo 5500.fpdl
(1.3 MiB) Downloaded 61 times
samuelk24

Post by samuelk24 »

here the calibration
Attachments
FlashPro Calibrationssam-410inj-.fpcal
(21.45 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

The main issue you are having is the primary o2 sensor is not providing a proper reading at all. No matter what you do, it's reading 14.7 all the time. You also have a primary o2 sensor check engine light code in the system too. So something is going on with the primary o2 sensor which will be the primary issue as we have no idea how far off the fueling is. When you installed the Alpha header, did you modify the primary o2 sensor or it's location for some reason?

Can you also provide some back story on the tune itself? Who made it, what it was set up for? It's not a Hondata basemap in that a lot has been modified. Do you have information from the cam manufacturer about the maximum cam angle you can run? I noticed the max cam angle in the tune is set to 30*.

There are other concerns I would have, but these are the main ones. Your datalog doesn't have you hitting vtec so I can't speak to the issue you've been having. Based on everything else though, since we don't know what the actual air fuel ratio is at any time, it could be any number of issues.