throttle pedal shown max 97% only

Civic 2016+ 1.5 Turbo
RedYung

throttle pedal shown max 97% only

Post by RedYung »

Hi All,
I just find out from flashpro realtime monitor app and datalog that my pedal max out at 97% while throttle plate is at 101%.
I wonder if there is anything I can do to adjust the pedal to 100%.
There is no any carpet blocking it, it is just the stock floor cover and noise absorbent stuffs behind the cover.
I tried to push the floor further to check if it is not firmly attached but it is not the case.
It always stop at 95-97% reading when I step it with full force with engine off or what I see from datalog when I'm driving.
EFICU

Re: throttle pedal shown max 97% only

Post by EFICU »

This is normal for just about all generations of modern Honda platforms. Generally anything above 90% throttle pedal deliverng a 101% throttle plate is just fine. There really isn't a need to try to get the pedal to read 100% unless it's something you want to achieve personally. It wouldn't add any performance as the throttle plate is maxed at 101%. Perhaps the Hondata boys can chime in if 100% pedal is possible, but in a real world scenario, you wouldn't gain an ounce of performance since the throttle plate is wide open at 101% essentially already.
RedYung

Re: throttle pedal shown max 97% only

Post by RedYung »

EFICU wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:05 am This is normal for just about all generations of modern Honda platforms. Generally anything above 90% throttle pedal deliverng a 101% throttle plate is just fine. There really isn't a need to try to get the pedal to read 100% unless it's something you want to achieve personally. It wouldn't add any performance as the throttle plate is maxed at 101%. Perhaps the Hondata boys can chime in if 100% pedal is possible, but in a real world scenario, you wouldn't gain an ounce of performance since the throttle plate is wide open at 101% essentially already.
Thanks EFICU! At least I know is not something should be concern about :)