CTR high and low S.Trim values

FK2 Civic Type R 2015-2017, FK8 Civic Type R 2017-2021, FL5 Civic Type R 2023+ and Integra Type S 2024+
Hatchi

CTR high and low S.Trim values

Post by Hatchi »

Hey, running the basemap 93 oct with improved throttle response. Noticed today my S.Trim values were particularly sporatic. A low of -17% (at ~3:04 in log) and high of 12% (at ~3:22). There were a bunch of other dips down to -10% and beyond, so it seems to be happening consistently at least in this short drive. Not super good at doing the tuning and adjustments myself, but I'd like to learn. What does this information tell me in particular? I get that it would mean I'm running lean/rich AFR, but how do I identify consistent behavior and then decide which values to adjust (and by how much).

Guess what I'm asking is for just general guidance on what S.Trim values as shown in the datalog would indicate generally, be it target AFR is too high or low at specific throttle or RPM, or whatever else y'know.
Attachments
WeirdSTrim12-4-21.zip
(1.69 MiB) Downloaded 80 times
mbrishke

Re: CTR high and low S.Trim values

Post by mbrishke »

Are you using the stock intake? looking at the x/y(afm.v vs l.trim) graph definitely looks like something is going on. i would check for vacuum leaks. and if you have an aftermarket intake, make sure you've selected it in hondatas mod list as i think it adjusts the afm settings.

However, I'm a noob as well, and that is a short data log to use with the x/y graph. does the car run ok under boost?
Hatchi

Re: CTR high and low S.Trim values

Post by Hatchi »

Stock intake, actually just ordered the eventuri intake and will be putting that on when it comes in the next 2~ weeks. Under boost car is fine, I've got a different drive I did right after this where the S.Trim values were less all over the place, but still getting to roughly -10% and highs of nearly 10%. Got full ~24psi. I don't imagine I have any vacuum leaks, but I have taken the stock intake off once before a year and a half ago, so maybe it just took some time to show up.