Trying on my own, thread for adjustments

Calibrations for S-Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)
SycRedDevil

Trying on my own, thread for adjustments

Post by SycRedDevil »

Hi all, trying this on my own, and will be taking data logs.

What I have: 95 Integra b18 lower, vtec head (1.6 I believe)
Looks like adjustable cams gears, but not sure about the cams.
Skunk2 Intake and CAI. PLX Wideband, an 4.9LSU o2 sensor and wired up/working with P75 S300. Getting good readings so far.
RSR Exhaust and unknown, but well a well-built 4:1 header.

Starting with a fresh basemap that I received when I purchased the car that was made for the current parts.

Injectors are currently low imp. 240CC - I have some 550CC's I may end up using later.

(Car currently idles like a Subaru. Sounds like my old STi)

I have read the readme on setting up auto-tune. (The settings are set, I have been holding CTRL T while Idling and watching the low speed tables build. Used the CTRL-J functions to edit)

What my Plans are: A reliable daily driver for now. Within the next 2 years, a B20 T which I will get pro tuned. This is not my primary vehicle, so no rush on any responses to help me get running 14:7:1 hopefully.

I've tested my s300 and I have a general understanding of how it works, but I am always open to learning new skills. Any guidance on self tuning would be great. This is my play around motor at the moment.

Starting the logging soon when it stops raining. Love Florida.
Attachments
6-21-2021TESTx6357-LSVTEC-235cc-IHE-PumpGas.skl
(44.12 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
SycRedDevil

Re: Trying on my own, thread for adjustments

Post by SycRedDevil »

First attempt at tuning took a while. Tuned a steady idle and doesn't sound like a subaru.

Took a few data logs. - Any adjustments to get a smoother ride to 40mph on the low fuel table?

Will post more later.

Had to zip one datalog.

Name: Datalog-210621-003.zip
Size: 1449035 bytes (1415 KiB)
SHA256: D388072712DEA0033455BC1E2A2905686F32E66C02416C0FB8457EA04BC0DC58
Attachments
Datalog-210621-003.zip
(1.38 MiB) Downloaded 86 times
Datalog-210621-001.s3d
(9.73 MiB) Downloaded 88 times
6-21-2021TESTx6357-LSVTEC-235cc-IHE-PumpGas.skl
(44.84 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
SycRedDevil

Post by SycRedDevil »

Did more testing this week on the previous upload : Failed and nothing but trouble.

Started fresh with the Basemap for a P74 - Clunky and didn't idle well.
Changed to p72 Basemap - Rough idle and needed little adjustments to the low speed fuel table. Followed the target lambda overlay, and adjusted percentages after taking a 1/4 mi lap.

Car runs smooth 1-3 gear under normal driving. For WOT, back to the subaru sound. Attaching datalog and basemap.

Please chime in for any advice. I am using the built-in help me guide for guidance.

Do I continue to drive short distances and make adjustments for the High speed fuel table, or is that something needed on a dyno? - Not trying to tune a race car, just a daily driver for 30-mile commute.
Attachments
Datalog-210627-000.s3d
(6.31 MiB) Downloaded 90 times
P72 Basemap - Smooth Idle - No smoke - No Stall.skl
(46.76 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
Upload 6-22_worse_driving.s3d
(3.18 MiB) Downloaded 72 times
SycRedDevil

Post by SycRedDevil »

Long time no words.

- Turns out I had a bad alternator, and my timing was off.

- Synced Hondata timing *SUPER IMPORTANT!*

Things learned.
1. Check timing first
2. Sync Timing
3. Definitely drive a little - tune a little - repeat.

Finally getting the fuel table to balance out some.

Most recent datalog is based off of tuning done from the previous uploaded basemap.

Anyone reading know of a local tuner in Jacksonville Florida? Could use some remote tuning service
Attachments
DATALOG-NewAlternator-TEST x6357-LSVTEC-235cc-IHE-PumpGas.s3d
(3.15 MiB) Downloaded 75 times
Fuel Table.PNG
Fuel Table.PNG (178.49 KiB) Viewed 1128 times
SycRedDevil

Post by SycRedDevil »

Nice cool night -

Things that I found were wrong - Bad sparks, one bad injector, timing was not correct. Dizzy was almost fully advanced.

Followed the simple timing instructions of rotating the dizzy to where it ran good idling, then made a mark, rotated (intake side) till engine idle changed and made a mark. Rotated back to good idle. Rotated (exhaust side) till idle changed. Made a mark. rotated dizzy between the two marks (on the dizzy) and checked timing with advance light. - (made small adjustment to get crank lines to match the timing indicator center mark) Idle was perfect at the time being, had to make a few fuel adjustments in Hondata.

Installed and gapped NGK Iridium Sparks to 0.052 and got new NGK Blues for wiring.(what ran the best for me. last iridiums popped at 0.044 which is weird.)

(Replaced all 4 injectors with rebuilt flow matched 240's from a local shop)
-New sparks properly gapped.
Used advanced timing light to set to 16deg
- Synced Hondata timing correctly

Cold start was a little rough, but I was able to drive with no issues for over an hour. (with the exception to the few lean protection moments.)

Any Hondata Guru's please chime in if I am doing the wrong thing, or if you got any input on my datalogs and basemap. Still new at the whole tuning side, but slowly starting to understand but using the search option within this site. Thanks for all the useful trials and error at the expense of others XD

The datalog was 10.1mb :-| so I compressed.
ecu reset12-6-21.skl
(43.04 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
12-6-21 Log.zip
(1.1 MiB) Downloaded 82 times
Dexorcist

Post by Dexorcist »

Your Ignition maps are fine, you want smooth fuel curves no crossing lines. I made a map for you. Test it out, When you adjust fuel don't change single cells, do 5 or 6 in a line. So if you need 3% in one cell change the few around it on the same line by 3%. Also, don't try to get it perfect It will change day by day on weather conditions Just get them close, like 3-4% off and let close loop take care of the rest.
Attachments
Try This Map.skl
(49.16 KiB) Downloaded 93 times