09 Si help with hybrid racing intake tune.

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
akanep16

Re: 09 Si help with hybrid racing intake tune.

Post by akanep16 »

Is 4100 like a generic starting point or did you get that from looking at my logs for my car specifically
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

That one looks really good, no knock and all the fuel stuff looks really good. Go ahead and make another datalog when you have time, if it looks good we might be there.

4100 is based on your actual data yes. Essentially you want to make sure at a vtec rpm, the high cam should command as much or more fuel than the low cam. If you have it too early or too late, the crossover to vtec may not be ideal based on fuel demand. With yours, at 4100 is the middle of the road where it demands more fuel on the high cam which is what we want. As discussed, your fuel tables are pretty strong around that 4100 rpm, so we can raise it up or lower vtec by a few hundred if you wanted. I don't like picking generic vtec rpms, I like to tailor it to the vehicles specifically, which is why we tune all fuel tables to gather the data.
akanep16

Post by akanep16 »

Well I finally got to drive my car today I didn’t get to log but I did plug in at the end of my drive and saw 3 knocks with control up :/ but I’ll make a log on my drive home and send
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Okay sounds good. We'll keep working on it. If the knock is in the same area it might be false, but we'll cross that bridge if needed. We'll wait for the data.
akanep16

Post by akanep16 »

Well here it is, idk why it started knocking now but not when we first loaded this calibration.
Attachments
24 MARCH.fpdl
(5 MiB) Downloaded 64 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

When was the last time you got gas?
akanep16

Post by akanep16 »

This morning before driving lol
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Gotcha. That can be the culprit in some scenarios. Especially when it comes put of nowhere. Are you filling up when you get gas, or just putting in a few gallons?
akanep16

Post by akanep16 »

I’m filling up. Does it look like anything that needs to be adjusted or maybe just from gas?
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

How long does it take you to run through a tank of gas right now? For now, I would make another datalog tomorrow and let's see if there is a trend going on, then I can send you a new file. If you did get some poor gas, then it might be a good idea to pull some timing anyways for future occurrences. The knock control is going up and pulling timing as it's supposed to be so that is good. But maybe taking some out in the tables would be ideal for the future.

If you'd rather have a new file with less timing right now let me know, it's your car, so it's all up to you. Just saying we might see if there is a trend to where the knock is happening before we pull timing. But let me know, it's all up to you.
akanep16

Post by akanep16 »

It takes me about a week right now and I’m totally cool making more logs before adjusting I’d like to see if there’s a trend going. I’ll make a drive today and send it.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Okay sounds good. We'll see if any trends appear and discuss how to tackle it.
akanep16

Post by akanep16 »

Here is two good logs from today. It appears to pop up when it hits vtec? Thats when i see it show on my app at least.
Attachments
26 march 2.fpdl
(2.97 MiB) Downloaded 72 times
26 march 1.fpdl
(6.01 MiB) Downloaded 62 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Some of it is just into vtec, and now some on part throttle driving. Give this one a drive and let's see how it looks. If it stays knock free on this, we can run it until you fill up with gas again, then go back one revision. But give this one a drive when you can and we will go from there.
akanep16.SD.V2.Rev10 (Blended)(Vtec4100).fpcal
(23.22 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
akanep16

Post by akanep16 »

Shes back to normal pulling hard and feeling good! I made 2 logs on this one but cant find the other...ill try to get it pulled up but heres one with that pulling and no knocks so far! Knock control back down.
Attachments
rev10 (1).fpdl
(900.11 KiB) Downloaded 68 times