B16 turbo question HELP!!!!!

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
RHDcivicSIR

B16 turbo question HELP!!!!!

Post by RHDcivicSIR »

Hey whats up, I am new to turbos and was wondering if with the s300, as I know there is a basemap for a b16 turbo, do I still need to run the FMU and the missing link that came with the kit or does hondata "cancel" those out. The setup is a stock 2nd gen b16 with blox intake manifold and I will be running around 6psi. Also I have stock injectors but I have a set of rc 310's. any help with this issue would be extremely helpful!
Thanks!!!! :D
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

There is a starting calibration for a B16A with greddy turbo. Don't use the FMU or missing link - otherwise the ECU will not see boost and won't know to add fuel / retard the timing. 310cc injectors should be ok for mild boost (~8.5 psi).
Hondata
RHDcivicSIR

blew up my motor

Post by RHDcivicSIR »

hey, I used the b16 greddy basemap, no fmu or missing link, ran 7 pnds of boost for about an hour and melted the #3 piston and cracked all 4 ringlands on the pistons. dont know if the b16 greddy map on mine was bad, but it really screwed up my motor. And I took it to a tuner after that and he said it was the basemap that did it. big thumbdown to hondata s300 for boost! next time it is missing link and an fmu. Still have big props to hopndata s300 for my allmotor setup though!
smracing

Post by smracing »

Hey dumbass, its a BASEMAP! No one said it was tuned for your specific requirements. You were supposed to go to a dyno and tune the setup for your engine's requirements.
Djbower1

Re: blew up my motor

Post by Djbower1 »

RHDcivicSIR wrote:hey, I used the b16 greddy basemap, no fmu or missing link, ran 7 pnds of boost for about an hour and melted the #3 piston and cracked all 4 ringlands on the pistons. dont know if the b16 greddy map on mine was bad, but it really screwed up my motor. And I took it to a tuner after that and he said it was the basemap that did it. big thumbdown to hondata s300 for boost! next time it is missing link and an fmu. Still have big props to hopndata s300 for my allmotor setup though!
Well....... YOUR AN IDIOT for driving it 30 minutes @ 7psi on a basemap without getting it tuned.... :roll:

If you drove it with do boost to a tuner im sure the base map would of been fine.

S300 is the best value for money ecu you can get so stop slagging it off!

Thanks

Dan
RMS

Post by RMS »

so tired of idiots...
take responsibility for your own actions rather than disrespecting the product that did exactly what you told it to do.
RaVer Motorsports (559) 733-4711
ravermotorsports@earthlink.net
jdmspecdc5

Post by jdmspecdc5 »

back on topic. is the b16 greddy basemap provided already have FI tables created? just a quick question because i don't want to be creating new tables on top of the old if there is already a map.

going a little tangent on the top but when creating boost tables, if you keep selecting the option and OK it will it just keep creating a new table based on the previous one?
Silverbeast

Post by Silverbeast »

jdmspecdc5 wrote:back on topic. is the b16 greddy basemap provided already have FI tables created? just a quick question because i don't want to be creating new tables on top of the old if there is already a map.

going a little tangent on the top but when creating boost tables, if you keep selecting the option and OK it will it just keep creating a new table based on the previous one?

Basemaps are designed to drive to the tuner or to get the car started on. When will people realize this??

I make ALL basemaps for customers with a boost cut at 1psi. Pisses them off I'm sure, but they will make it to to me.

I suggest it for others.
hondaguy

Post by hondaguy »

I make ALL basemaps for customers with a boost cut at 1psi.
Great idea! :D
CivicVTi

Post by CivicVTi »

I also do this! Boost limit at 2psi and rev limit at 6000rpm with vtec disabled.
jdmspecdc5

Post by jdmspecdc5 »

please stay on topic. i know basemaps are for getting the car started and getting to a tuner but certified tuners are not the only people who can tune. i bought the s300 so i could do some street tuning before hitting the dyno. part throttle and idle are now much better than with just the basemap.
jdmspecdc5 wrote:back on topic. is the b16 greddy basemap provided already have FI tables created? just a quick question because i don't want to be creating new tables on top of the old if there is already a map.