ECU can't connect to hondata. Admins help please🙏

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
Dynue09

ECU can't connect to hondata. Admins help please🙏

Post by Dynue09 »

Bought a 09 si sedan with 99k miles that had low compression on the k20z3. While the z3 was in the vehicle I tried to scan the vehicle with a obd2 device to see what codes would pop up but it wouldn't pair.

Now a few months later I have a k24a in everything is finished yet I'm not able to scan the obd2 with a code reader. I'm also not able to lock hondata to the ecu. Hondata has a green check by the obd2 but not the ecu. On the flashpro tab everything is good except it won't read the Vin and can't connect to the ecu.

I have no idea what to do next as I've tried swapping a fully charged battery in, hondata is up to date, obd2 port is fine, the wiring harness and grounds are fine I've tripled checked now.

I'm ready to ship my ecu to hondata so they can do there thing if the ecu is the problem if the admins can help.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: ECU can't connect to hondata. Admins help please🙏

Post by Spunkster »

You need to try to plug in the FlashPro to a known working vehicle and see if it can detect the ECU. If it can then you need to determine what in your vehicle is causing the issue. We cannot fix your vehicle or ECU, you must get it working as it should before you can use the FlashPro with it.
Dynue09

Re: ECU can't connect to hondata. Admins help please🙏

Post by Dynue09 »

Thanks for the reply I just now seen it. I've talked to a few honda technicians and they want to reflash the ecu but is this the same as just loading a basemap? I explained to them I have a k24a in and they want the ecu to tuned for that motor but I can't even use the ecu.

I'm thinking of buying a used ecu that's compatible with my flashpro. I'll try and find another local 8th gen to see if I'm able to detect the ecu. My obd2 code reader works on my 08 EX-L but it doesn't work on my si so that gives me more confirmation something is up with the ecu.

I've watched tons of videos on my wiring and every ground seems fine everything is hooked up properly. I changed fuse #11 under hood today with no luck. It's only ab $100 for a used ecu so that'll be my next thing probably.