carb or race version help

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
Bogartthegod

carb or race version help

Post by Bogartthegod »

Hey everyone noob here trying to figure out which option is right for me and my fa5....plan on doing a cold air intake and exhaust to start, maybe more in future but I want to be able to pass smog in CA...so which version should I get? What exactly will the carb legal hondata do for me? If I get the race version will I never pass smog for some reason? Why? Any information very appreciated thank you
Bogartthegod

Want to get mods/ hondata race version

Post by Bogartthegod »

Hello everyone I need some help please...so I want to start upgrading my fa5 and Ive read that if I get a cold air intake I'll need a hondata and/or tune is this correct? Problem is I live in CA and will need to pass smog..so if I do get the race version to support my mods, will I be able to change my ECU back to stock along with the stock intake in order to pass emissions again or once I start using the flashpro am I stuck and won't be able to change things? Sorry if this has already been answered I'm having trouble finding a definitive answer for my concerns..any information very appreciated thank you guys. I don't know anything about tunes and stuff, had my SI for a long time and it's my daily driver but I wanna have some more fun with it if possible.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: carb or race version help

Post by Spunkster »

Only the CARB version can pass a California smog check.
Bogartthegod

Post by Bogartthegod »

Hmm ok still not giving me much to go on here.
Does that mean all my other questions are a no as well?
Won't be able to buy the race version to get my supporting mods, and then go back to stock? Is this because of the recent laws passed about tunes/ changes to ECU out in CA? And that they'll be able to detect if any changes were ever made and fail me?

And what does the CARB version hondata even do for me then if not let me get a simple cold air intake?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The CARB version can only be used with CARB approved parts and cannot be custom tuned for non-CARB parts that alter the emissions of the vehicle.
Bogartthegod

Post by Bogartthegod »

Ok I guess you can't answer my other questions about getting the race version and switching back to stock in order to pass emissions when that time comes. Is there another place I can get answers for that or do you guys just not know yet?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

If you have a street car in CA then you must use the CARB FlashPro.

viewtopic.php?t=12518
Hondata
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The CARB FlashPro cannot change anything which can affect emissions.
Hondata