Problems downloading Maps from ECU

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
gsrlover

Problems downloading Maps from ECU

Post by gsrlover »

When i try to get my rom off my p28 ecu it gives me some weird numbers like 0 ign in some places where there should be like 35 deg ign some places have a ign timing of 4500 its all messed up. What could be the cause of me getting this bad info. I know the rom on my Hondata is ok because i have been using this rom for a while. I dont have a copy of the rom thats on my hondata so it is very important that i find a solution to my problem. Thanks in advance.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

If you aren't using the same version of softwasre that you use to upload the calibration you may have problems..If all else fails, try using the newest version, and if that doens't work, then you must start over.
gsrlover

Post by gsrlover »

Spunkster wrote:If you aren't using the same version of softwasre that you use to upload the calibration you may have problems..If all else fails, try using the newest version, and if that doens't work, then you must start over.
i tried using the same version and a newer version, i really dont want to start from scratch b/c this map is so well tunned
QUICKSILVER RACING

Post by QUICKSILVER RACING »

Make sure the car has a good set of grounds. My s300 works fine in my stock 2000Si. but acts really weird in my racecar. Datalogging and downloading calibrations gets fucked up in my race car. Had ti fix the grounds.
HONDATA official and sole Distributor in the Philippines.
http://quicksilver.4t.com
+639178954747
gsrlover

Post by gsrlover »

QUICKSILVER RACING wrote:Make sure the car has a good set of grounds. My s300 works fine in my stock 2000Si. but acts really weird in my racecar. Datalogging and downloading calibrations gets fucked up in my race car. Had ti fix the grounds.
that is a good idea but the thing is it worked before and i havent done anything different since the last time i tunned with it
gsrlover

Post by gsrlover »

I got it to read once i had to turn datalogging on then while it was datalogging i downloaded the map and it has my right ignition timing and fuel but some of the parameters are not correct. But when i tried to download it again it didnt work again. i also have to turn the ignition of for it to read properly. When i click download it says reading and it just stays there until i turn the ignition off then i gives me the correct map. I dont know whats going on with it.

i uploaded a the bad map can anyone take a look and see if they can figure out y it is doing this
Attachments
Bad map.skl
here is what it reads when i download it from the ecu
(16.21 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

This is caused by a difference in software versions between the laptop which uploaded the calibration and that which downloaded it, or between RomEditor versions if converting a s200 file.

If you have the s200 ROM, post it here or email it to us and we'll convert it for you. If you don't have the s200 ROM image, it might be a good idea to read the s200 EEPROM if you want to run the same tune. We can do this for you if you have no access to a programmer.
Hondata
gsrlover

Post by gsrlover »

Hondata wrote:This is caused by a difference in software versions between the laptop which uploaded the calibration and that which downloaded it, or between RomEditor versions if converting a s200 file.

If you have the s200 ROM, post it here or email it to us and we'll convert it for you. If you don't have the s200 ROM image, it might be a good idea to read the s200 EEPROM if you want to run the same tune. We can do this for you if you have no access to a programmer.
Its not a s200 conversion, i used the smanager 1.01 to upload it. I am stompped. The problem is i dont have a copy of the rom thats on my s300. The only thing that has changed is the laptop that i used to upload my rom.
gsrlover

Post by gsrlover »

i have another question if i upload a new rom is it gonna up load the rom right or is it gonna upload the wrong information this is my biggest concern