s300 and SManager software questions & answers
jdmspecdc5

suggestions for next version smanager

Post by jdmspecdc5 »

if it is possible could smanager get some of the features from kpro like:

- lean protection
- overheating protection
- knock sensor (i.e knock count)

just thought those would be helpful tools for us b-series guys too. thanks.
smracing

Post by smracing »

I would like to see a better system for Temp compensation. A more accurate explanation of what Temp correction factors control and when. Then a better way to adjust them.

It would also be nice to see some more control over fuel enrichment. Maybe a way to control duration of accelerator pump shot
jdmspecdc5

Post by jdmspecdc5 »

question about knock sensor.
when i had the s200 and datalogged i could see some knock sensor activity and timing would be retarded accordingly. now with the s300 i do not get anything at all. no wiring has been changed. only the ecu. i've heard that the b-series knock sensor isn't that great. but for the k-series guys it looks like the knock sensor is good enough to help tune. would it even be possible to use a k knock sensor in a b-series to help tuning?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Make sure the knock sensor is enabled in the software. The B-Series knock sensor actually works significantly better than the K-Series.
Hondata
jdmspecdc5

Post by jdmspecdc5 »

check some datalogs last night. it looks like i do have some knock just in the low rpm high load areas. i guess it works fine. would be cool if we could see how many knocks we get instead of just a voltage spike tho. :wink: