Setting up Idle speed control in A/F cal

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the FN2 European Civic Type R
typer86

Setting up Idle speed control in A/F cal

Post by typer86 »

Hi Hondata,

I hope you understand what I mean and I hope you can support me.

I am looking for tuning the idle speed but the only setting I found is the idle section in the calibration.
The engine does not stall but its drop very quick to the idle speed (in my case) of 850 rpm without break on 1.600 / 2.000 and goes slowly to the idle speed.
Unfortunately in the current A/F calibration in some cases the engine speed goes under the 850 rpm idle speed (maybe 750 rpm or so) and the ECU compensates and it rise up to 1.000 rpm before it slows down to the correct idle speed of 850 rpm.
I observed this phenomenon over 3.000 rpm (for example: if freewheeling to the next junction.)

In your s300 programmable guide it is possible to adjust the idle valve with a slider. ( https://www.hondata.com/help/smanager/i ... meters.htm )
Unfortunately in the Flashpro help I could not find any documentation about that. For this reason, I wonder whether how to tune a smooth idle speed or I don't identify the correct values which depends a smooth idle speed.

I am very happy if you can tell me the dependencies how to tune the idle speed control in flash pro specially for A/F cal.
R-22837_MAF_Rotrex_FN2-v5_final.fpcal
(16.42 KiB) Downloaded 261 times
Last edited by typer86 on Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
R-12914

Re: Setting up Idle speed control in A/F cal

Post by R-12914 »

I have also noticed this Problem with my MAF-Cal (normal calibration) and Hybrid-Cal (normal calibration with map fuel tables)!
If i use my MAP-Cal (Race-calibration), then i don't have this phenomenon!

That was also the reason why my engine stalls with the old MAF-Cal (normal calibration) at the end, before i retuned with the Hybrid-Cal (normal calibration with map fuel tables)!
2008 Honda Civic TypeR FN2
Rotrex C30-94 supercharged with relocated IAT
Powered by ASNU 092/FP330E fuel pump & ASNU 090/750cc fuel injectors
------------------------
ECU: 37820-RSP-E02
Flashpro: FP-SI-INT-21153
Software: 3.6.1.0
Firmware: 185
pepperdanky

Post by pepperdanky »

Have you tried increasing the overrun injector recover settings? Try adding 100 rpm or so to the higher ECT boxes.

http://www.hondata.com/help/flashpro/th ... meters.htm
typer86

Post by typer86 »

Thank you for this tip.
But at this time I see no effect of slowing down of the idle speed by default.
For example the rpm of 5.000 it slows directly to 850 rpm without passing the default setting.

I will test a higher value.
typer86

Post by typer86 »

Hi,

I don't know the conditions and the dependencies.
I don't understand the "MAP (bar)" value.
What is the result if this value will be increased / decreased? In the manual no information found.

Do you think I can test the new setup?

New setup:
overrun_parameters_new_setup.PNG
overrun_parameters_new_setup.PNG (35.17 KiB) Viewed 11884 times

Default setup:
overrun_parameters_default_setup.PNG
overrun_parameters_default_setup.PNG (35.67 KiB) Viewed 11884 times
Update:
I changed the settings to the following:
Overrun injector restart rpm (cut)
65C° 80 C° =>1750
Overrun injector restart rpm (recover)
45C° => 1850
65C° 80C° => 1450

Result:
I think - no change before previous values.

Any other Ideas?
Last edited by typer86 on Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
pepperdanky

Post by pepperdanky »

Not quite sure what you are asking. The overrun injector restart settings should solve the problem of idle dipping too low. Fuel will be cut if your RPMs are above the set 'cut' value, and fuel will resume once you reach the recover RPM.

The MAP values control injector cut/recover on tip out/in. It is the MAP pressure you must reach for the injectors to be turned off/on. Lowering them will make tip out/in smoother but may add some rev hang.

edit: If you want to bring the rev hang back, recheck the overrun throttle opening box
typer86

Post by typer86 »

Nice, thank you! I think this is what I am looking for. Its called the revhang. I will test it.
R-12914

Post by R-12914 »

I do not think it's the revhang, but try it! ;)
Last edited by R-12914 on Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
2008 Honda Civic TypeR FN2
Rotrex C30-94 supercharged with relocated IAT